i need help?

mannydawg

Registered
i need help getting in the habit of stroking the ball when you want to give it draw. i have no trouble doing it with follow. when its a short 3 or 4 foot draw i can do it easily. but when i try to give the ball more draw to maybe get 6 plus feet i tend to force the hit even thought i try to stroke it as a result i do get draw but not as much as i should because of the speed of the hit and sometimes the ball stun draws because i am forcing the hit so the ball rolls and inch forward then draws. if anyone has a drill that can be practiced so i can give the ball more draw when needed. i can draw the ball 10 diamonds easy when i don't force it and stroke the ball but i can't do this consistently and i wanted to know how i can practice stroking the ball.

Last edited:

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not being rude saying this- type in stroke, and type in draw in the search feature. Recently there were quite a few threads on these two topics. I think they will answer your question.

The search feature isn't working on the site for me, maybe he has the same problem. I have to answer a question, like Efren's last name, and then submit. It still doesn't give me results.

Draw practice stokes. I am going to post a video later this evening. going to go do one now. It will cover the stroke speed, length and the grip.

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
i need help getting in the habit of stroking the ball when you want to give it draw. i have no trouble doing it with follow. when its a short 3 or 4 foot draw i can do it easily. but when i try to give the ball more draw to maybe get 6 plus feet i tend to force the hit even thought i try to stroke it as a result i do get draw but not as much as i should because of the speed of the hit and sometimes the ball stun draws because i am forcing the hit so the ball rolls and inch forward then draws. if anyone has a drill that can be practiced so i can give the ball more draw when needed. i can draw the ball 10 diamonds easy when i don't force it and stroke the ball but i can't do this consistently and i wanted to know how i can practice stroking the ball.

I bet the part of the problem is in your grip.. when hitting with a lot of speed many players squeeze the cue to tight.... while it causes problems with all types of shots.. it is most easily seen when attempting power draw.

try hitting low and fast..with a super loose grip.. you should get plenty of draw

hope that helps.:thumbup: