Congrats to Gail Glazebrook

Post First

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Gail Glazebrook for winning the BCAPL Womens singles..Both women showed a ton of heart and determination to get to the finals..so a hearty congrats to both of the ladies..Tara Williams and Gail Glazebrook...:grin:

GG11

Kill the Bunny
Silver Member
Congrats to Gail Glazebrook for winning the BCAPL Womens singles..Both women showed a ton of heart and determination to get to the finals..so a hearty congrats to both of the ladies..Tara Williams and Gail Glazebrook...:grin:

Just saw this thread Post First. Thank you for the kind words. Tara is an incredible player. I was very fortunate to have a good day against her.

Just wanted to share what kind of class Tara has. I play 9-ball mostly, so in the finals after Tara scratched on the break, I took ball in hand and forgot I had ball in hand "only in the kitchen". As I lined up to shoot a ball down table, Tara was kind enough to remind me of the rule. If she hadn't, she'd get ball in hand after I fouled. I felt that was very classy IMO as I would do the same for my opponent but I know many wouldn't.

I saw two men NOT follow this same act of courtesy and felt more and more appreciative of Tara's consideration. Class act.

Thanks again for the post First Post!

Firecracker

aka Crackalackin
Silver Member

Thanks Post First for the nice thread, it was great getting to play in the finals, even if the outcome didn't go my way. :)

Thanks Gail for all the kind words. My actions seemed to spark some discussion after the fact, but I know that I wouldn't want to win like that, it takes the fun out of the victory for me. I knew that you were nervous and thinking about the table position, hill-hill at BCA Nationals is a pretty big deal, so I didn't think twice about reminding you about the kitchen rule. You played very well and made some pretty phenomenal shots that last game to take the title. I look forward to playing you again in the future...maybe next year in the Masters??? :grin:

John Biddle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tara, that was indeed a classy move, especially in such a big tournament. Though a victory would have been sweet, it'll be sweeter yet when you win on your terms. Kudos, you're a champion in my book!

Gail, congrats again on winning, and thanks for pointing out this unselfish and honorable act by Tara. It deserves to be spread around. Maybe it will influence others.

May you both have a truly great 2010.

GG11

Kill the Bunny
Silver Member
Thank you Tara! I think I hyperventilated through the last shots but that's ok. LOL. I've never talked to myself more in my life!! Looking forward to meeting up again :)

John, I too was hoping people would hear a story like this and perhaps be influenced by it's honor. It'd be an upgrade for pool's image.

Tom, CONGRATULATIONS CHAMP!! :) That's a hell of a field to get through. Proud of you dude!

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Tara has always been a stand-up, respected player on the OB Cues Ladies Tour - hearing she did this does not surprise me - she's one of the most genuine and honest players out there. Congrat's to Tara for her second place finish!

Congrat's also to Gail for winning the tournament! I only saw the hotseat match but you both played beautifully and I am proud and happy for you both!!

brock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way to go Gail!!!!! Yall both showed great sportsmanship and both of you are true champions!!!! Tara, from an ex-Texan, you made Texas proud of you, that was a classy move!!!! Yall keep up the good shooting and yall will meet again!!!! Do you know if any of the 8-ball matches where streamed or anything on u-tube???

tksix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gail,

Congrats on the win. Must feel really good to have that pay off at the end of all that hard work. I am a fan, and I read your blog.......... you "get it" and it is sad to say, that too many people don't these days.

Tara,

Congrats to you as well!! runner up is nothing to be upset with................and quite honestly, helping your opponent speaks volumes to who you are!! You and I have a mutual friend in Gordy! He speaks very highly of you and your game!

What I like most about this is that there were TWO champions playing the final match, and they conducted themselves as such!! A great lesson for all players who want to excel at this sport. It isn't just about being a good player, its about being a good person.

KUDOS Ladies!!

Mike Monegato