Davis blanks today vs Balabushka

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
when you buy a Gus a Spain or a bushka your buying much more than the sum of its parts your buying history knowledge and all that comes with it
It is much the same way with John’s work

It’s my pleasure to call John a friend
His blanks will have a prominent place in the history of cue making
The first time I met John he treated me with class and respect when he had every reason not to (we both build full splice blanks)
I would bet you would have a hard time finding a top tier who hasn’t used his work at least once

Great post! Also a great post by qbuilder.

It has also been said, aside from history that your blanks are the better choice for quality.

I have 2 David blanks in progress, can't wait till they're finished.
Jason

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know many people who shoot with cues that are made from John Davis blanks. They are great looking and playing cues.

I have a sneaky pete made from one of his blanks.

I had the privilege of visiting John at his shop. I wanted to get one of his blanks. He had 50 or so to choose from, but I was looking for one with Titlist colored veneers and did not see one. He said wait a minute, pulled out two from his private stash and let me purchase one.

He is one of the few connections to cue making history, a legend and a truly good person.

There are others out there that are also making quality blanks, but for me, I'll stick with the ones made by Mr. Davis.

John

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't be fooled by the appearance of an unfinished blank, especially if you do not know how to properly finish said blank.