Ball size question.

Mastersv8

Registered
I am in the market right now for a new set of Aramith Balls both Snooker and 8 Ball. Now my question is regarding the sizes of them! My table is a regulation English 8 by 4 and i am worried IF i get the Aramith TV Cup Balls which i really like they only come in 2 1/4 size and i am worried these balls maybe to big for my table but i am unsure. I can get the regulation Aramith in 2" size but the TV series of ball does not come in this size and only is available in 2 and 1/4.

Is there really a huge difference in 2" Balls and the 2 and 1/4 size? I have heard reports of people having balls bounce of tables because they are using the 2 1/4 size balls because their tables are to small etc. I think currently the balls that came with my table are standard 2" and i am unsure if going 2 and 1/4 will be to big for my 8 by 4 table.

Any thoughts appreciated. :)

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stay with the 2inch balls if your table is made for them. The reason the 2 1/4 inch balls jump off the table is because the rail points are too low for them.

Mastersv8

Registered
Stay with the 2inch balls if your table is made for them. The reason the 2 1/4 inch balls jump off the table is because the rail points are too low for them.

Yeah i was thinking that and because my table is made from English Specs it is more of a snooker table and the 2 and 1/4 i think also will be to big.

I just wish Aramiths top of the range 8 Ball set came in 2" but it does not.