Steve Klein - Mark K personal cue

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I am posting cell pics of Marks personal Klein. The quick background story is that Mark owns the only 6 point Gus with red veneers. This cue is featured in many articles, and is prominently on the cover of the Blue Book as well as in the color section. It was very personal to him as it was a design him and Gus came up with when the cue was made in 1988.

Here is an updated version of the cue, with some added inlays, and the pics are from a cell. But believe me when I tell you, these inlays are perfect. Steve has a new CNC mill that is as precise as any that is in service today. His work is as good as any ones, with these types of inlays. Mark will do a write up on the playability of the cue soon and as someone that has played his whole life primarily with Bushkas, Szamboti's, etc.. it will be an interesting read.

JV

Attachments

• fore_1.jpg
    fore_1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 754
  • fore_2.jpg
    fore_2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 756
  • back_2.jpg
    back_2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 780
  • back_3.jpg
    back_3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 751
  • oa_cue_sm.jpg
    oa_cue_sm.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 762

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Outstanding!!! I wish that was mine and Mark had a better one!!!

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Just glad I found him and got him to build some cues long before the very long wait list that continues to grow. Never but great experiences with my cues from Steve.

And great looking cue.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
A nice Design:thumbup: but from the pics the lazy z inlays looks to clunky:frown:
Too big for my taste, anyway nice Cue
Just my 2 cents
Ralf

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the photos. Classic Cues is becoming known for only the best cues, especially Steve Klein cues. Mark's cue has rich tones and is handsome.
Anyone would be lucky to own such a cue, however, my favorite Klein cues still remain the Szamboti & Cameo cues on www.classiccues.com.

Imagine owning all three of those cues at the same time.......that would be a $10k investment but boy oh boy, what lovely cues to own. My practice is to
only own one cue by each cue-maker and if you could own only one (1) Steve Klein cue....any one you wanted.....which one would you choose?

Mark's cue is bound to be picked by many and it's obvious why.....you need only glance at it to understand why. But if it were my choice, I'd still have to
pick Steve Klein's Szamboti cue.....but I wouldn't be disappointed in the least owning this Steve Klein cue either.

Matt

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
I watched this cue being made off and on visiting Steve- I've seen a lot of cues he's done for mark and I've owned quite a few kleins myself.They're worth the wait. I loved his earlier ones, but what he's creating now is borderline perfection. If there's ANYTHING no matter how minute the cue doesn't go anywhere until it's exact. A veneer 20 thousandth different than one on another side literally drives Steve up the wall... Scares me to take in an older one sometimes... Lol whoever gets marks cue is going to definitely get something remarkable. I drooled over it from the design to the shipping tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

classiccues

Silver Member
This cue is Marks and will always be Marks. He loves the cue and it is his daily player...mind you his safe is full with Bushkas and Botis.. and THIS is his player.

Can't wait till we start mine.... and BTW for you CDT mo'mo's who might not appreciate this cue.. mine, it will be all Steve and I....

JV

I watched this cue being made off and on visiting Steve- I've seen a lot of cues he's done for mark and I've owned quite a few kleins myself.They're worth the wait. I loved his earlier ones, but what he's creating now is borderline perfection. If there's ANYTHING no matter how minute the cue doesn't go anywhere until it's exact. A veneer 20 thousandth different than one on another side literally drives Steve up the wall... Scares me to take in an older one sometimes... Lol whoever gets marks cue is going to definitely get something remarkable. I drooled over it from the design to the shipping tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i watched this cue being made off and on visiting steve- i've seen a lot of cues he's done for mark and i've owned quite a few kleins myself.they're worth the wait. I loved his earlier ones, but what he's creating now is borderline perfection. If there's anything no matter how minute the cue doesn't go anywhere until it's exact. A veneer 20 thousandth different than one on another side literally drives steve up the wall... Scares me to take in an older one sometimes... Lol whoever gets marks cue is going to definitely get something remarkable. I drooled over it from the design to the shipping tube.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

i own a newer mobley cue and apples to apples steves cues are right there with randy no bs. I was very very impressed with my titlist cue and guess what decided to jump on his list. Lol may order 5 more cues from steve. Ya ya they are that fine!

classiccues

Silver Member
I have two more titlist cues, and I acquired two spain blanks... should be an interesting year....

JV