CTE Pro One A Media Presentation Review

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DVD PACKAGING

Let’s be honest CTE Pro One DVD1 covering looks …… ‘normal’ (sorry Stan, just my opinion) while CTE Pro One Final Chapter Looks great! I like the covering.

VIDEO RESOLUTION

Resolution is GOOD for a DVD, can’t ask for more, it’s pretty decent, although the audio is not in sync, it’s off by a few milliseconds when I play it on my PC/Laptop, but if you play it on an actual DVD Component it is IN-SYNC. I believe the reason for that is because of the encryption protocol used on the DVD

Copyright (encrypted DVD)

Pros

1. 1) Unique and can’t be copied by your friends easily (unless they know how)
  2. 2) Gives off the feeling of being authentic!

Cons
  1. 1) Audio/video are not in sync (off by milliseconds) when you play it on your Computer. The only way to fix this is to download codecs on the internet.
  2. 2) Once the DVD is damaged it’s a goner (unless you cloned it).

My Advice to those who own the DVDs and want to preserve it especially those who know how to work on a computer:
  1. 1) Rip It, using commercial software which can bypass its encryption
  2. 2) Convert it to a higher resolution like 720p (1280x720) or 1080p. Trust me it’s awesome.
  3. 3) Once ripped, make a copy to your mobile/tablet so that whenever you’re on the table you can access the videos by just a reach to your pocket.
  4. 4) DON’T UPLOAD the videos on the internet even when your intention is to ‘honestly’ share the knowledge and the benefit of CTE Pro One. (let the curios people buy the DVD from Stan himself)
  5. 5) Keep the DVDs like a trophy LOL :smile:

PROPS

The props were GOOD, simple and direct to the point. It is very impossible to not understand what Stan is saying with the help of these props especially with these BALLS

Prop.jpg

VISUAL SWEEPS

“I now finally and completely understand the visual sweeps, I could even tweak it for my own sake.”

How I wish that there is a TOP CAMERA VIEW especially when Stan is teaching the visual sweeps. Although his presentation is good and is enough, it still can be exaggerated using a top view camera.

sweep.jpg

FONTS

There are portions when I’m watching the DVD and then a note appears just like the image below, and I’m like “oh my! It hurts my eyes!” especially when watching it from a little afar. Although readable at a certain distance in my opinion the font color does not help.

font1.PNG

It should have been consistent like this:
font 2.PNG

AIM LINES

“When Unsure, think of progression 15, 30, 45 or 60 degrees”
I forgot the exact texts that was on the DVD, but it says “When Unsure, think of progression 15, 30, 45 or 60 degrees”.
Although experiencing it first hand and through repetition you will automatically identify subconsciously which perception works best for a certain shot is the best way to learn this.
But as pool player we want a definitive method that will identify the correct perception of a shot. How I wish that Stan have shared that information.
In any way, let’s follow Stan’s advice “Think of progression 15, 30, 45 or 60 degrees”.

Note:
I’ll be posting “Identifying the correct aim line (Edge-To-A/B/C) in CTE pro one” in some other time

KICKING SYSTEM

What Stevie and Landon demonstrated are good, but a few more examples would suffice that chapter.
I’ll be skipping the review in this chapter (kicks) for the reason that it is a bonus chapter only and PRO ONE is an aiming system.

If you want to learn Kicks and Banks I’d prefer Zero-X by tor Lowry

THE INSTRUCTOR

“The attentiveness of the audience depends upon the speaker”
I’ve never met Stan in person and probably never will. I’ll make a review on him based entirely on what I’ve seen.

With all respect to him, he made me believe and respect “aiming systems”

The Voice
He doesn’t sound so grumpy, he’s not too slang. The way he speaks and presents his teachings easily connects to the facts and instantly engraves to the knowledge of the audience. He speaks normally slow which clearly gives off the vibe that he is honest and he wants to share his knowledge and is friendly to the ears of non english-speaking tongues.

The Gestures.
“Action speaks louder than words”

This is important. Stan gestures perfectly well and even if you mute the DVD you'll understand what he's saying by just watching him.
I’ve seen some videos of pool players on YouTube and other instructional DVDs that teaches some banking, kicks, safeties and etc. yet it seems that I can’t understand what’re they saying, don’t get me wrong I think they’re great players and I understand English perfectly. But their lack of correct gestures throws them off, they look like a talking tree talking to a camera.
Imagine a great school teacher who teaches with words and not enough action/gestures, how much would you learn? A few.

IN GENERAL

I’ve watched the First DVD and all I can say is that the release of the Final Chapter of Pro One completely addressed what’s lacking on the first.
All in all, it’s a golden knowledge packed in 2 DVDs, the information is well presented although it can be exaggerated by a little by adding graphics like “Mastering Pool by Mika Immonen”.
I may have highlighted the shortcomings of the DVD, but it can be overlooked.

I thank Stan for sharing his knowledge and his continued support. I only wish him good health.

Last edited:

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Never had a problem at all with the audio / video sync.
And I'm using a cheap Charlie slim compact dvd player. :smile:

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Complete Set:

I ripped the chapters of DVD1 and Final Chapter of Pro One.
I did not Clone the DVD for the reason that the encryption will be cloned also.
I burned this to a Double Layer DVD (8GB) so that i can play it with my dvd players.
I Copied this to my Tablet and Phone, so that wherever I am I can watch it.

I Framed the original DVDs Like a Platinum Music Album LOL :thumbup:

Pro One.PNG

Last edited:

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for being so thorough in your review.

Last edited: