My chess set for sale....yeah right

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I made a chess set in school. One side is made from 1 inch oak dowell. The other side is made from 1 inch hickory dowell. The board is oak and hickory sandwiched together. Each piece was designed and made on an Okuma CNC lathe by myself. It turned out really well. Another guy made the board on a Bridgeport CNC mill.

I'll try and post a pic of it tomorrow. I gotta get to work right now.

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Believe it or not. I have seen this chess set on the travel channel. they were doing a show on rich people's toys and this set was featured along with a very expensive monopoly game that came with real money. Imagine playing monopoly with friends using real money. I think it came with 100k in cash. The whole set i believe cost something like 250k. Gee i spent that much at the store yesterday...lololol. but my dream car is a real Saleen out of California..............................mike

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The most absurd part of it all is the "UPS Ground" shipping for $28..LOL!

Um...dunno about you guys, but I wouldn't want a half-million dollar chess set being shipped UPS ground. I wonder if they would tell UPS to require an adult signature or if they should just leave it on the doorstep.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bola Ocho said:

Um...dunno about you guys, but I wouldn't want a half-million dollar chess set being shipped UPS ground. I wonder if they would tell UPS to require an adult signature or if they should just leave it on the doorstep.
I noticed that too...LOLz...for that price I would want it personally flown to me and handed to me from the seller...what's the price of a plane ticket when you have a fresh half million...
________

Last edited:

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
cueball1950 said:
Believe it or not. I have seen this chess set on the travel channel. they were doing a show on rich people's toys and this set was featured along with a very expensive monopoly game that came with real money. Imagine playing monopoly with friends using real money. I think it came with 100k in cash. The whole set i believe cost something like 250k. Gee i spent that much at the store yesterday...lololol. but my dream car is a real Saleen out of California..............................mike

I have a pool shooting buddy that has a beautiful purple Saleen. Yes she, that's right she plays some decent pool also.

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Check it out. And you can have mine for only $8,000!! It's one of a kind custom made. Never duplicated. (Because I have the only copy of the NC program)

Attachments

• Chess.jpg
    Chess.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 212

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice

Hal said:
Check it out. And you can have mine for only $8,000!! It's one of a kind custom made. Never duplicated. (Because I have the only copy of the NC program)

That is nice- may be hard to differentiate between the light and dark squares-

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
The squares can be stained. Also, some of the pieces are meant to be milled in order to give them the final touch. I just never did it.

PoolSleuth

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hal said:

Nice Chess Set, a Game I never have been able to win at??

SphinxnihpS

Banned
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bola Ocho said:

I think a close second has to be diamond specs; the color grading of the diamonds is listed as "white and black" rather than the slightly more familliar D,E,F...,and the clarity is listed as VS, when half of the diamonds are black! How can you tell if they're VS, flawless, or I3 if they're black? To color enhance diamonds, you drill holes in them and inject them with colored glass, automatically making then FAR from VS.

Truthfully this thing is most likely "hand made" in India, where the locals wear the most expensive jewelry on the planet and export the worst garbage to the rest of us. The cost of the gold is roughly $22,000, and the cost of the diamonds is roughly about $5,000, as they're obviously less than .02 carats each, and complete garbage to begin with.

Whoever is trying to get half a mil for that should be shot or awarded a medal.