Amboyna handle Barnhart cue

fbass4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I"ll try to do my first review, so please bare with me. I've had several pm's regarding this cue, and I thought I share with you all how special this cue really is to me.
barn7.jpg
barn6.jpg

fbass4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barnhart review

Let me say that this is my first custom ordered cue, And I want to tell everyone how this cue came to life. So please bare with me. My mom became suddenly ill in December of 06, and was hospitalized and has since been in the hospital with various stays at rehab centers, then back in the hospital.
This had been going on for several months. During this time my mom, had shown me some of the most strenght and courage I have ever seen by a individual dealing with the unknown.My mom has been diagnosed with Stiff Person Syndrome.For you all that have never heard of it, it takes over a person body and the muscles all contract, turning the person stiff as a board throughout there body. It also affects the lungs which is a muscle, and my mom has had to go on a respirator several times during the year as well. All in all, she has never lost her faith or strenth. So I wanted to come up with a way to kind of honor her, And thats where the cue idea came from. I contacted Cory about my Ideas I wanted for a cue, and he was very happy to make my idea a reality. He gave me some ideas for wood combinations, and then sent out samples to me of the woods he had suggested.I decided on madrone burl for the forearm, and amboyna burl for the handle, with ebony points and butt. I liked the silver ringwork Cory was doing, and ask if he could work it in the butt and point section of the cue. He told me he had a idea how to tie it all together. So the end result is what you now see. The cue finish is very nice as the cue looks wet. This cue hits very well, A nice firm hit that I am use to. With the taper of the shaft, I am able to get some very good english on the cue ball as I play three rail bank and need to use various english to get the cue ball around the table. The build of the cue is first rate, as everything Cory does gets the finest detail touch. I was in contact with Cory the entire time of the build process and he was always happy to answer any question that may have come up.The cues weighs a touch under 19 oz, and has 12.75 mm shafts with moori tips installed. When the cue was about to have the clear applied, Cory called to let me know that it was about done and sent pics. I informed Cory that I would like to have
"Sugar Sharp" signed on the cue somewhere that would not harm the integrity of his work. He added it in the butt section of the cue, between the silver work for a nice touch. The reason this meant so much to me is my mom would call things she thought looked really nice "Sugar Sharp". So having this on the cue, just tied it all together for something to honor her. Thank You Cory Barnhart for such a meaning piece to my family, and Bill Grassley for telling me to Call You. So for my fellow Azer's on the fence about buying a Barnhart? "DO IT" you wont be dissapointed.
Please keep my mom in your prayers. Thanks Phil C

DEACON

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue and a great way to honor your mother. She is in our prayers. Regards, Deacon

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barnhart Cue

Sorry to hear about your mother. I will keep her in my prayers.

On the Barnhart cue, I have a couple of custom cues and love cues. That Amboyna handle wood with its swirls looks fantastic.

Do you know if this cue was cored? Were you able to get photos of the cue's progress in being made to document your first custom cue quest?

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a custom Jacoby wrapless with Madron Burl in the handle and points. Beautiful wood! It's for sale too.

Regards to your mother! Good luck!

fbass4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the kind coments and the prayers. Mom got to see the cue today, and when she saw "sugar sharp" it brought a big smile to her face. So all I can say was, it was very well worth every penny.

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
Phil
Prayers for your Mom - amazing women. "Sugar sharp" reminded me of my Mom, one of her favorites was "Sharp Cookie" and once in awhile she let me know I was a ----

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Very nice cue indeed. Our prayers for this Sunday will be for your mom's recovery.

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is one of the nicest cues I have scene period regardless of the price. I'm also sorry to hear about your mother and send my regards.

NJ_Qball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As some may know, I am a big fan of Cory's work. I too am having a cue made and his customer service is first rate. Anyone thinking of having a cue made do not hesitate. The detail and craftsmanship is top notch.

This is a beautiful cue, happy to hear and see that it puts smiles of faces.

cuejunky

Pool Player
Silver Member
Nice cue and touching story, I hope things go well for your mon. Can we see the "sugar sharp"?

patrickjuhlin

A+ Banger
Silver Member
Love the cue and the great story behind it, I hope the best and quick recovery for your mom. Could you post some pics of the points and the joint section. My jaw dropped when I saw this cue. Genius design work

fbass4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to say thank you for all the prayers and kind words regarding my mom and the cue. My mom passed away last saturday as a result of her illness. Thanks again Cory for being the one that created this memorial for us as well. To the gentleman that ask for the photo of "sugar sharp" I tried to capture it as best I could and included the other pics as well. God Bless You All. Phil

sugar2.jpg
sugar1.jpg

CoryB13.jpg