Schon Shaft(s) question

Chadk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never owned a Schon so I dont know much about them. I may be considering purchasing a lower end (if there is such a thing) Schon in the next few months. It seems to me that the majority of Schon shooters play with Schon Shafts on their cues. This would seem to indicate to me that a Schon Shaft is more on par with higher end (LD) shafts such as Pred, or OB, ect, than they are with a standard maple shaft.

Is there a certain technology or design that would make a Schon shaft better than a standard maple shaft?

I am currently using a 314.2, and actually am looking for a Z.2 for my Jerry Olivier, and (or) for a Predator Sport cue i own, so i would just think If I were to buy a Schon that I'd want one of those shafts unless there is something I'm missing......

Thanks in advance for educating me a little on Schon Cue's.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have never owned a Schon so I dont know much about them. I may be considering purchasing a lower end (if there is such a thing) Schon in the next few months. It seems to me that the majority of Schon shooters play with Schon Shafts on their cues. This would seem to indicate to me that a Schon Shaft is more on par with higher end (LD) shafts such as Pred, or OB, ect, than they are with a standard maple shaft.

Not sure what you mean by "on par," but it seems like you're asking if they are low squirt. They are not. They are normal squirt shafts. The whole design and construction of today's Schon makes for a very nice feeling cue when smashing a cueball. That's why people stick (punny) with the Schon Shaft.

There are a multitude of cues out there that players will stick with the cuemaker's shaft.

Freddie

hlymnstr14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah, a schon shaft is a high quality maple shaft. you could definitely tell the difference over a cheaper cue's shaft but it has no low squirt properties whatsoever. not that its a bad thing. i have an old schon from 1993 and just bought a new schon this year for my wife who just started playing pool. her cue hits very nice and solid just like my old schon. you won't be disappointed on the hit but if you are used to an LD shaft, it is totally different. i use an OB classic pro on my schon and when i put the old shaft on there, it's a big adjustment. but it still hits great, i'm just used to the LD shaft now. also, you will not find a better non custom cue than a schon. get the schon.