Oddball Extension Needed

Speedie

Registered
I have an Action / Elite break cue that I'm very happy with other than the length. I play with a 62" cue (I'm 6' 6") and picking up the 57" break cue feels like I'm wielding a toy.

Unfortunately it has an unusual 2" long wood joint that's 1/2 x10, so I'm having zero luck finding a 4-5" extension. I'd really prefer not to use a butt extension.

Does anybody know of anything off-the-shelf, or alternatively who might be able to make such a thing please?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an Action / Elite break cue that I'm very happy with other than the length. I play with a 62" cue (I'm 6' 6") and picking up the 57" break cue feels like I'm wielding a toy.

Unfortunately it has an unusual 2" long wood joint that's 1/2 x10, so I'm having zero luck finding a 4-5" extension. I'd really prefer not to use a butt extension.

Does anybody know of anything off-the-shelf, or alternatively who might be able to make such a thing please?

Shouldn`t be a problem at all as far as making the mid-extension, anyone with a lathe that can live thread, can do that.
Seeing it`s a break cue, I`m more worried about the sideways force that pin and extension will have to endure..
Maybe it`s just as easy to swap the oddball pin with a 3/8-10, Radial or another big pin while you are making modifications ?

Speedie

Registered
Shouldn`t be a problem at all as far as making the mid-extension, anyone with a lathe that can live thread, can do that.
Seeing it`s a break cue, I`m more worried about the sideways force that pin and extension will have to endure..
Maybe it`s just as easy to swap the oddball pin with a 3/8-10, Radial or another big pin while you are making modifications ?

Thanks for the reply. That's a possibility that I hadn't considered, though I have a feeling it would end up costing more than the cue did :eek: I should have stopped at 5' 10".

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
I would try a rear extension myself... More wood there and less likely to break at that joint... . However, My playing cue is 62". My break cue is 58". I like it shorter because I feel like I have more power with it vs a longer cue during breaking.... There is always the option of getting a custom break cue built to the length you want..

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Contact Rick Roper on FB. Makes great ext's at really fair prices.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why are against extending the back end? That is the easier fix and will not increase the whip in the cue like a mid joint extension will.

Speedie

Registered
Why are against extending the back end? That is the easier fix and will not increase the whip in the cue like a mid joint extension will.

Couple of reasons: 1) Which might be my misunderstanding, but Action/ Elite don't seem to have a threaded bumper available for this cue and 2) I like the feel and grip of the wrap when breaking, and a rear extension would negate that.

I've had an email discussion with David Schmelke and they can build me a custom 62" break cue for $225. I think that might be the way to go.