CTE Aiming and Professional Grip of cue
Old
  (#1)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

CTE Aiming and Professional Grip of cue - Yesterday, 08:19 AM

I've been woofed at as a 'cheerleader' for the CTE method of aiming for quite a while.
I wonder what is silly(?) about being enthusiastic over something that works so doggone well for shooting those pool balls into the pockets.
Nevertheless...I will continue.
I know zero about the game of golf other than what I've heard from some real hitters about Ben Hogan's ideas concerning the grip(s) on the clubs. There could be an argument made that the grip(s) on a pool cue are equally important as stroke, stance, and aiming method.
Stan Shuffett (who is mistakenly characterized as 'just another aiming guru') has some beautiful YouTube video work concerning the grip(s) for professional level stroking of the cue stick. Far superior, in my opinion, to the usual stuff you'd see in books or even from some instructors.
My suggestion is to study the videos in the URL's below and apply them to your aiming method. Obviously, in my opinion, the CTE method is superior to all, but the final decision on that will be up to you.
The videos are very very good. However, they require study and taking the information to the table. Here they are...
https://youtu.be/rGUIlp1q44Q
https://youtu.be/_u-qgckPsZg

"Lifting a glass in a toast to the everlasting memory of the Mustang motorscooter....one of California's finest contributions to a by-gone era"

"Serving humanity as a highly trained member of the League of Modern Pool Aiming Communications on the cutting edge of societal evolution."

DRAIN THE SWAMP !!

Old
  (#2)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Yesterday, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
I wonder what is silly(?) about being enthusiastic over something that works so doggone well for shooting those pool balls into the pockets.
Here's an example...
Quote:
Stan Shuffett (who is mistakenly characterized as 'just another aiming guru') has some beautiful YouTube video work concerning the grip(s) for professional level stroking of the cue stick. Far superior, in my opinion, to the usual stuff you'd see in books or even from some instructors.
To say something like this credibly (look it up), you should really know what the "usual stuff" is. So how about comparing and contrasting some of it with Stan's lessons? Or, easier still, how about just describing some of the "usual stuff" from books and instructors?

Or are you just a cheerleader with no real knowledge of what you're cheering for/against?

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; Yesterday at 09:27 AM.

For the Bank Pool players.....you'll like this
Old
  (#3)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

For the Bank Pool players.....you'll like this - Today, 05:16 AM

FOLLOW-UP TO PREVIOUS POST:
Another part of one of these videos concerning "grip" is a revelation of some conversation between Stan Shuffett and Truman Hogue (one of the greatest of all bankers) concerning Truman's "Poke Stroke" for bank pool. Stan demonstrates it.
Entirely different from the full swinging "9 Ball Stroke" and also very practical when cueball is frozen to the rail.
These things, coupled with the superior aiming method of CTE, can really up the level of play for those who will take it to the table with an open mind and put in the study hours.

"Lifting a glass in a toast to the everlasting memory of the Mustang motorscooter....one of California's finest contributions to a by-gone era"

"Serving humanity as a highly trained member of the League of Modern Pool Aiming Communications on the cutting edge of societal evolution."

DRAIN THE SWAMP !!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: