BCA Rules Asking for Help

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Playing league, (no refs) is a player allowed to ask for help from a team mate? Someone I know insists that this is the case (once per game), but I can't seem to find a ruling on it....

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool leagues have more arguments than soap operas. They're alot alike actually. You should consult your published rulebook instead of AZB for your ruling....just so there's no bickering.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing league, (no refs) is a player allowed to ask for help from a team mate? Someone I know insists that this is the case (once per game), but I can't seem to find a ruling on it....
BCA where I am at allows one time out per game. No one uses it. Well, rarely..... It may be a local rule, I don't know. Call the league director in your area (or whatever THAT particular BCA runned sanction person is called) and find out the rules!

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

The BCAPL rule book states "during your match, it is a foul if you ask for, or intentionally receive, assistance in planning or executing any shot". Rule is #1-41 on page 37 of the 2015 book.

Lyn

tatcat2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If, by "BCA", you mean BCAPL, it is prohibited by Rule 1-41, but most leagues modify the rule under the authority of Rule 1-41-5. Just depends on your local modifications.

If, by "BCA", you mean World Standardized Rules, coaching is not a foul under the rules of the game. In addition, limited coaching is specifically allowed under WPA Regulation 23, although the regulation puts some fuzzy limits on the nature of the assistance. Also, WPA Regulation 1 fuzzifies the entire body of regulations.

Buddy

Last edited:

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
It's BCAPL.
Thanks for all the replies, I've sent a message to the LO, It's clear that an exception will have to have been made to allow this.