ACU-STATS Derby Transmission Question

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m considering subscribing to the ACU-STATS Derby production. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience in the past subscribing to the Derby City Classic and your opinion as to the quality of the transmission and the coverage of matches. Do they give you a choice of matches to view or do they pick the matches. I’m posting this in the Main Forum rather than the Live Stream to get more responses from members. Thanks for the feedback.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
You do not get to pick, one TV table in the past. As far as quality, the stream has improved greatly over time.

jbk

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m considering subscribing to the ACU-STATS Derby production. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience in the past subscribing to the Derby City Classic and your opinion as to the quality of the transmission and the coverage of matches. Do they give you a choice of matches to view or do they pick the matches. I’m posting this in the Main Forum rather than the Live Stream to get more responses from members. Thanks for the feedback.

Honestly, it is a so so stream, but it is the only game in town so it is what it is. I think their announcing gets worse every year. Personally, I think the announcing of Gibbs, Dilleberto, and Mark are a mind numbing set of announcers. If you look back through old threads you will see where probably more than half the comments are about people who just turn the audio off during the match. Getting the stream for the 10 ball on a 10 footer is worth getting those days at least. It is a top tier invitational event. There tends to be a lot of dead time on the stream as they wait for a next available match. Pat will throw replays up during that time if he sees it will be lengthy, which it often is. Some of the time, they can't help it as what can you do when you have a 1P match that finishes in 30 minutes and you have others going on elsewhere that last 3 hours before the round can finish and they can start another match. I wish they would have the 10 Ball at the end of the tournament and show that on the stream rather than the 9 Ball, therefore showing all of the Banks Event. There are a lot of people that feel that way too. I find the 9 Ball to be like watching paint dry.

Accu-Stats does a great job by offering different viewing packages such as day and evening sessions. I end up buying the individual days or sessions, usually about ¾ of the 10 Ball, the evening session that has the Banks semi and finals, and then the last day of the one pocket (although they tend to show too much 9 Ball on that day). So I don’t buy the whole event stream any more since they stopped showing all of the Banks, and continued without care about the bad commentating.

There are transmissions problems almost every year, at some point. Usually it is more of a short annoyance than anything else. Other than that, video quality is usually great.

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly, it is a so so stream, but it is the only game in town so it is what it is. I think their announcing gets worse every year. Personally, I think the announcing of Gibbs, Dilleberto, and Mark are a mind numbing set of announcers. If you look back through old threads you will see where probably more than half the comments are about people who just turn the audio off during the match. Getting the stream for the 10 ball on a 10 footer is worth getting those days at least. It is a top tier invitational event. There tends to be a lot of dead time on the stream as they wait for a next available match. Pat will throw replays up during that time if he sees it will be lengthy, which it often is. I wish they would have the 10 Ball at the end of the tournament and show that on the stream rather than the 9 Ball, therefore showing all of the Banks Event. There are a lot of people that feel that way too. I find the 9 Ball to be like watching paint dry.

Accu-Stats does a great job by offering different viewing packages such as day and evening sessions. I end up buying the individual days or sessions, usually about ¾ of the 10 Ball, the evening session that has the Banks semi and finals, and then the last day of the one pocket (although they tend to show too much 9 Ball on that day). So I don’t buy the whole event stream any more since they stopped showing all of the Banks, and continued without care about the bad commentating.

There are transmissions problems almost every year, at some point. Usually it is more of a short annoyance than anything else. Other than that, video quality is usually great.

Thanks. The Turning Stone broadcast on UStream this past week was good. Upstate Al does a good job. Unfortunately they only stream on table. Some of his commentators were good. Some were too analytical. Danny Di was okay but rambled a lot. Michael Yadnek was there to promote himself and his sponsors. I’m going to reconsider the full subscription. I want to see banks and one pocket primarily.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. The Turning Stone broadcast on UStream this past week was good. Upstate Al does a good job. Unfortunately they only stream on table. Some of his commentators were good. Some were too analytical. Danny Di was okay but rambled a lot. Michael Yadnek was there to promote himself and his sponsors. I’m going to reconsider the full subscription. I want to see banks and one pocket primarily.

Upstate put on a good free stream. I don't like how he goes on here and advertises his stream on AZB and then ignores everyone's posts and questions, but whatever. I didn't watch much of it this time. The little I did basically had no announcers. It was just his usual crew of NY/NJ cronies acting like they are sitting in a coffee shop *****ing about nothing.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Accu Stats stream is good. I have been watching for years and rarely have issues with the sound and picture. I cannot afford to go to Derby this year and watching and listening to the stream makes me feel like I’m there.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny Archer was worth the price of admission. He talked about his mother’s Native American heritage and his personal experiences. He also answered a lot of questions posed to him on the chat board. That Southern drawl is part of his charm. Sitting in the booth with the New York accent of Upstate Al was quite a contrast.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny Archer was worth the price of admission. He talked about his mother’s Native American heritage and his personal experiences. He also answered a lot of questions posed to him on the chat board. That Southern drawl is part of his charm. Sitting in the booth with the New York accent of Upstate Al was quite a contrast.

LOL.....It's funny. I'm from Georgia, and I don't notice Johnny having any accent, at all. Of course, people tell me I have a very heavy southern accent too (but I can't hear it).

Upstate Al, on the other hand, well there's an accent. :D

Overall, I thought he did a nice job with the stream.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
LOL.....It's funny. I'm from Georgia, and I don't notice Johnny having any accent, at all. Of course, people tell me I have a very heavy southern accent too (but I can't hear it).

I cringe every time I know Upstate is about to say "Jayson Shaw". He's a heck of a nice guy though. So is Johnny:D

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’ve lived in Texas all my life but nothing compares to the Deep South drawl. Not even my East Texas drawl. As soon as I get in a cab in New York and open my mouth the New York born and raised cabbies say, “where to Tex?” No one hears their own accent.