Mezz EC9?

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The other Mezz thread got me going again. I had hoped to test drive, then buy a EC9 at SBE this past April.

Now it's scheduled for late October but all things considered I don't know if it's safe to go. So, anyone with a EC9 could you give me the diameter at the butt? Also any thoughts on the new Sigma shaft. How does it feel to a Predator 314-2 or-3?

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever diameter jaboby and joss is. Is what the diameter of mezz is. I'm not sure the exact measurement tho .840 maybe?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The other Mezz thread got me going again. I had hoped to test drive, then buy a EC9 at SBE this past April.

Now it's scheduled for late October but all things considered I don't know if it's safe to go. So, anyone with a EC9 could you give me the diameter at the butt? Also any thoughts on the new Sigma shaft. How does it feel to a Predator 314-2 or-3?
At the joint or the butt-end?? My AXI-K at the big end is 1.25" and .840" at the joint. I'd guess EC's would be same dimensions.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The butt, just above the bumper. 1.25 sounds right. It's the same as a Predator SP that I'm used too. So that should work. Thank you for measuring.

BigFish23

Registered
1.25" is pretty standard. I have two Schons and they are 1.25" and 1.24". All of my other cues are between 1.24" and 1.26". I'll measure my Mezz after it arrives today.

0.840" is also pretty standard at the joint, although I've heard that some have slightly larger. Isn't Meucci 0.842"?

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BigFish, yeah most of my cues are right around 1.25. I do have a McDermott hustler that's a bit bigger and feels huge. My favorite is a Frey "True Sneaky" that's a 1/16 under and feels very thin. So little means so much. I know if I put in the time anything will work but 1.25 and under is natural. I want to try a Mezz with a LD shaft.