Best spot in Columbus/Flying with cues

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, I am planning on going on a trip to the Columbus area. I was wondering what people's opinion of the best pool hall in the area is or within reasonable distance?

Also how do you go about moving cues by plane? I have never flown with my cues.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, I am planning on going on a trip to the Columbus area. I was wondering what people's opinion of the best pool hall in the area is or within reasonable distance?

United States:
Columbus, Georgia
Columbus, Illinois
Columbus, Indiana
Columbus, Kansas
Columbus, Kentucky
Columbus, Minnesota
Columbus, Mississippi
Columbus, Missouri
Columbus, Montana
Columbus, Nebraska
Columbus, New Jersey
Columbus, New Mexico
Columbus, New York
Columbus, North Carolina
Columbus, North Dakota
Columbus, Ohio
Columbus, Texas
Columbus, Wisconsin

Last edited:

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will have to check your cue case - can not carry through security. Get a travel bag - some are specially made for cue cases(Predator makes a nice one), that you can put your cue case in.
Fly on Southwest Airlines - can check up to two bags for free.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will have to check your cue case - can not carry through security. Get a travel bag - some are specially made for cue cases(Predator makes a nice one), that you can put your cue case in.

Do you have a link to it? I currently have a JB case so protection is pretty good. But I found a bag that has extra padding for $25.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I put my cue case inside of my big suitcase. If you are going for a period of time -- shipping to a friend or reputable hotel might be an option.

Before you go anywhere, talk to your insurance agent and get an "Inland Marine" Rider. Also insure your case and its contents if the value warrants it. The best practice is to insure all of your cues, but if nothing else, insure what you will travel with or use daily. The Inland Marine coverage should be "all risk" (theft, fire, flood, windstorm, autowreck, etc.) and should cover the insured items for the stipulated value (no depreciation) ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Also consider this type of insurance for your guns, photo equipment, jewelry, etc. If your insurance agent balks or tries to talk you out of this -- find a new agent,

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Also how do you go about moving cues by plane? I have never flown with my cues.

Buy a cheap butt that will fit one of your shafts (I use a McDermott Lucky $70 cue with one of my 3/8 x 10 shafts). Bring your 2nd or 3rd favorite shaft. Buy a decent soft case, stick the cues diagonally in the suitcase, a decent size one will fit them. This way if bag disappears during the trip you are not stuck trying to explain to the airline why your piece of wood with a leather tip that was lost is worth $1,000.

bmeek

Registered
I was in Columbus Ohio for work 6 weeks ago and some of the pool halls were closed then. I have never in my life seen a dirtier table and set of balls than I saw at 8 Ball Sports Bar. The bartender gave me a GC right by the bar and I almost cried when she turned the light on. The rails were so poor that anything that hit them caught air and the balls were garbage. Bankshot had 2 decent 9' tables and some 7' Diamonds. Columbus will make you appreciate home, IMHO.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in Columbus Ohio for work 6 weeks ago and some of the pool halls were closed then. I have never in my life seen a dirtier table and set of balls than I saw at 8 Ball Sports Bar. The bartender gave me a GC right by the bar and I almost cried when she turned the light on. The rails were so poor that anything that hit them caught air and the balls were garbage. Bankshot had 2 decent 9' tables and some 7' Diamonds. Columbus will make you appreciate home, IMHO.

The place I used to play every week was a dump, so kind of used to it.