What is in your case? 2017

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the balance of the cue being that it is more forward-balanced. The shaft is around 5.6 oz. Despite that, it does not feel heavy at all. Total weight of the break cue is around 19.7 oz. & since some of the weight is in the front/mid section it still feels nice.

The other things I have to get used to are:
1. the stiffness of the shaft
2. the Sonic tip
3. as well as the taper.

The H shaft w/o a doubt is the stiffest of all the production brands imo. I find that the OB Speed shaft is almost as stiff.

The taper imo could be better. If just feels a bit too fat. The H, R & DI II shafts have the same or similar tapers if I am not mistaken. As far as ideal taper, my vote goes to the BK3 break shaft.

I'll post what's in my case tomorrow, but I'm receiving my Mezz Power Break II on Thursday and does the taper change from those shafts to the Deep Impact I I'm getting?

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll post what's in my case tomorrow, but I'm receiving my Mezz Power Break II on Thursday and does the taper change from those shafts to the Deep Impact I I'm getting?

I would say yes. I owned the Kai w/ DI II & PB II w/ the DI shaft at the same time and it did feel & look like the tapers were different. The DI felt like it has a taper similar to a pro-taper which I prefer.

NastyNate13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say yes. I owned the Kai w/ DI II & PB II w/ the DI shaft at the same time and it did feel & look like the tapers were different. The DI felt like it has a taper similar to a pro-taper which I prefer.

Great! I just sold my OB-1 break cue which was great but I'm glad I'm getting a breaker with a thinner taper. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Predator break cues I do love the taper.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great! I just sold my OB-1 break cue which was great but I'm glad I'm getting a breaker with a thinner taper. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Predator break cues I do love the taper.

Yeah I feel the same way about the Predator break shaft taper.

As long as you're getting the Deep Impact shaft and not the DI II shaft then I think you'll be more pleased with it with regards to the taper.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
3 points 3 butterflies

Carom cue , 16 punces feels as good as it looks

Attachments

• 20170523_181841.jpg
    20170523_181841.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 243
  • 20170523_182051.jpg
    20170523_182051.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 244