Brunswick Metro Tournament Edition - Opinions?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any views on this table? Construction material change over time?

Thanks,

jv

"Metro's contemporary design, durability, craftsmanship, and precision, make it a great choice for a billiard club or the home. Brushed aluminum accents enhance the look. Matching rack, in black or maple, holds eight cues. The Brunswick Metro Tournament Edition table features longer rails and tighter pockets engineered to strict World Pool-Billiard Association specifications. Table decals included. Available in a nine-foot black version only.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
Features longer rails which result in tighter pockets. Corner pocket 4.5"-4.625". Side pocket 5.0"-5.125".Engineered to strict World Pool-Billiard Association specifications Foot levelers for quick and easy leveling"

Material Specifications 2005:
Rails: HPL over solid hardwood
Aprons and legs: HPL over veneered plywood
Base frame: poplar or plywood
Sights: Black/silver round plastic
High performance nut plates

2009 Materials Specifications
Rails: HPL over hardwood
Aprons and legs: HYPL over veneered plywood
Base frame: Birch

00000_cYKvJwBF7a7_1200x900.jpg

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I love it
Looks kool always wanted one
It was good enough for the world 9ball 06 right?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love it
Looks kool always wanted one
It was good enough for the world 9ball 06 right?

Yes, I guess so. I find it odd, though, that Brunswick didn't supply Gold Crowns for tournaments. The Metro is a lower-end table, no?

I am also curious about views on the material change from 2005 to 2009, where they went from "poplar or plywood" to birch. Does it matter?

BTW, these are apparently still available in distribution, and Brunswick has put the Metro in their "clearance" section on their website. (I'm not looking at new, though.)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These were/are made overseas. I guess getting them to an event in Asia was easier to do shipping-wise. You can buy a Diamond for what these cost. They play ok but i'd never buy one unless the price was REALLLLLY right.

Last edited:

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope you don't mind if I ask for a little feedback about Brunswick Centurion tables?

Thinking about buying one and I am curious if I will have any problems with replacing rails or how they play..

thanks!

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope you don't mind if I ask for a little feedback about Brunswick Centurion tables?

Thinking about buying one and I am curious if I will have any problems with replacing rails or how they play..

thanks!

May I ask that you start a new thread for that, rather than hijack this one?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Any views on this table? Construction material change over time?

Thanks,

jv

"Metro's contemporary design, durability, craftsmanship, and precision, make it a great choice for a billiard club or the home. Brushed aluminum accents enhance the look. Matching rack, in black or maple, holds eight cues. The Brunswick Metro Tournament Edition table features longer rails and tighter pockets engineered to strict World Pool-Billiard Association specifications. Table decals included. Available in a nine-foot black version only.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
Features longer rails which result in tighter pockets. Corner pocket 4.5"-4.625". Side pocket 5.0"-5.125".Engineered to strict World Pool-Billiard Association specifications Foot levelers for quick and easy leveling"

Material Specifications 2005:
Rails: HPL over solid hardwood
Aprons and legs: HPL over veneered plywood
Base frame: poplar or plywood

2009 Materials Specifications
Rails: HPL over hardwood
Aprons and legs: HYPL over veneered plywood
Base frame: Birch

00000_cYKvJwBF7a7_1200x900.jpg

The frame is not anything near a Gold Crown frame. Known to sag in the middle over time. Not a great table unless is set up by the right person. If it is set up properly, will play as good as a GC. Personally, I would steer clear. New, they are the same price as a Diamond... Just my $0.02 and I have worked on 13 of them at a pool room. Entry level commercial table means exactly that.

Trent from Toledo

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

thanks!

They are about the same as the Metro, frames are weak, but, set up by the right person they will play good. Superpeed Cushions. Have worked on a couple of them. entry level commercial table. There are Gold Crowns to be had for the same price I see them selling for used.

Trent from Toledo

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

I am referring to old used tables also.

not buying a brand new one that is for sure.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks

I am referring to old used tables also.

not buying a brand new one that is for sure.

I would not pay more than $500 for one. Gold Crowns can be found for a very affordable price. Obviously will need work, but, worth putting money into and have good value once the work/ investment has been made. Good luck!

Trent from Toledo