14.1 Score Sheet

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great! I was just going to post a request for a 14.1 score sheet. Great and fortunate coincidence. Thank you!

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you!

Well done, I was just about to make a google search for a score sheet! Cheers mate!

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Score sheet

Here is the sheet I made for a league I used to shoot with. (I modified it to make it a pdf file from an Excel spreadsheet.) This allows you to keep track of average, safes, failed safes, fouls, innings, balls made etc. You can keep track of as much or little information as you want.

This is a modification of an old spread sheet used in tournaments in the 1930's.

Attachments

• 14.1 Score Sheet.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 474

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Even if the attached file is in German, note the central column in which players note the remaining balls on the table after each of their innings. Tends to make things easier, especially if it turns out someone miscounted at some point (in this country, there are so few Straight Pool tournaments that people tend to forget that even though a rack consists of 14 balls, this still means there are 15 on the table to begin with in each one of them). Other than that, as far as I'm concerned, a score sheet needs to be neat and clear, with nothing on it that's unnecessary or visually distracting.

14:1_Protokoll.jpg

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Score Sheet

With that scoresheet, does the sitting player mark each ball as it's pocketed!? That's gotta be tough if the shooter gets on a long run.

-matthew

I'm in the same League as Trigger. To answer your question. One must write small. You do not write anything until the player's inning is over or the rack is over.
Let's say: player one: runs 5 balls and then a miss. 5-
player two: runs the rest of the rack out: 9R (R meaning a new rack)
If a player is on a long run: 14R, 14R, 14R, 8 for a total of 50 S= a Safety Player runs 5 balls and plays a safe. 5S
Cue ball goes in the pocket, touching a ball etc.(F) 5 ball run, 5F= 4 total.
I hope this helps.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I'm in the same League as Trigger. To answer your question. One must write small. You do not write anything until the player's inning is over or the rack is over.
Let's say: player one: runs 5 balls and then a miss. 5-
player two: runs the rest of the rack out: 9R (R meaning a new rack)
If a player is on a long run: 14R, 14R, 14R, 8 for a total of 50 S= a Safety Player runs 5 balls and plays a safe. 5S
Cue ball goes in the pocket, touching a ball etc.(F) 5 ball run, 5F= 4 total.
I hope this helps.

Thanks!

I'm saving all this information for the day I can start a 14.1 league. Right now, I'm just trying to get people playing the game. It looks like I'm building up a little bit of steam, though.

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
With that scoresheet, does the sitting player mark each ball as it's pocketed!? That's gotta be tough if the shooter gets on a long run.

-matthew

On my scoresheet I just make a small mark for each rack run and/or a small number. For example, player shoots 6 balls to finish rack and then runs 3 racks and misses after shooting 3 balls --- I would write in small 6 * * * 3
Each * equates to 14 points. That would then be scored as 51/M

Clear as mud right?

Last edited:

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
Attached scoresheet is how I scored the match between Niels Fiejen and Darren Appleton at Derby City as seen on YouTube

Attachments

• 14.1_ScoreSheet_test.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:

cstrombe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is cool, thanks for posting. I have been looking for sample scoresheets from real matches so I can check the scoring in an app I'm working on (the live stream matches rarely keep an updated score, so hard to verify).

FYI I noticed that Appelton's score at the end of inning 4 should be 5 instead of 4, but it looks like the difference is corrected on your sheet at the end of his next inning. No big deal, just thought you may be interested.

Once again, thanks for posting. This is a good "scoresheet test match" since it has a three-foul penalty.

-Chris

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
This is cool, thanks for posting. I have been looking for sample scoresheets from real matches so I can check the scoring in an app I'm working on (the live stream matches rarely keep an updated score, so hard to verify).

FYI I noticed that Appelton's score at the end of inning 4 should be 5 instead of 4, but it looks like the difference is corrected on your sheet at the end of his next inning. No big deal, just thought you may be interested.

Once again, thanks for posting. This is a good "scoresheet test match" since it has a three-foul penalty.

-Chris

Good catch! It was a little confusing tryng to compare my score with the way they were scoring it. I corrected the error and reposted it. Thanks.

mnhighrunlist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the score sheets in this thread, but need my glasses to enter information (I play without my glasses). My preferance is playing tables with the rotary counters (or even beads). I find them accurate (if they are working correctly) and keeping score is quicker than recording info on a sheet.

My .02 cents

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
New and Improved

Slightly improved the 14.1 scoresheet.

Attachments

• 14.1_ScoreSheet.pdf
    43.6 KB · Views: 222