Worst production/commentary yet for IPT

RottenRodney

Registered
Geez, guys, sorry you're upset with IPT's efforts. But you do realize that Trudeau and Sigel are pumping more money into the game of pool than anyone ever has? They are putting more pool on televison than anyone ever has. They are going to create Stars for the game of pool like Tennis and Golf have.

But go ahead and carp about the presentation if that makes you feel better.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RottenRodney said:
Geez, guys, sorry you're upset with IPT's efforts. But you do realize that Trudeau and Sigel are pumping more money into the game of pool than anyone ever has? They are putting more pool on televison than anyone ever has.

We know that they have poured huge $$ into this. Hollywood spent 60 Million making Gigli or whatever that crap was. What difference does it make what goes in, It's what comes out that matters.

You say "They are going to create Stars for the game of pool like Tennis and Golf have." Easy to say but that remains to be seen. I dont recall any commentators/players in golf or Tennis sounding like Sigel either. I do recall Hulk Hogan and Freddie Blassie sounding pretty close though.

I hope the players finally make a little money but the product is not going to be pleasing to true pool fans from what i can see on OLN. What gives me hope is the Eurpoean TV deal that will alllegedly show the events live. It will be harder to create a wrestling atmosphere in that scenario and i hope the tour can take this direction.

If i had to bet though id bet that in 2007, things will be quite different in purses and venues. I see they have reduced their ticket prices to practically nothing for Vegas.

I understand people that showed up in Orlando got in without tickets. If the the WPC has to let fans in for nothing to fill the seats for TV (which they still cant do) the IPT will also- especially in the begining.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
RottenRodney said:
Geez, guys, sorry you're upset with IPT's efforts. But you do realize that Trudeau and Sigel are pumping more money into the game of pool than anyone ever has? They are putting more pool on televison than anyone ever has. They are going to create Stars for the game of pool like Tennis and Golf have.

This is the idea. This is what everyone wants. This is what I would love to see.

This is also yet to be seen and only time will tell if it catches on.

Banker Burt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bottom Line

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I teach billiards in high school and do many demonstrations in my area for the non-pool playing public. I have already received some feedback from students and demo participants and it is not good.

Parents do not see Sigel as any kind of role model for their children, so if the IPT is going to make stars out of our players, then he better start rethinking his marketing strategy.

As far as the money, so what. It is strickly being used to make money for KT which makes his words sickening when he talks about all his new pro player friends. There are hundreds of players (not his friends) that could have competed on the IPT but because they were not chosen they may never get the chance.

So I won't be sending the students that I work with in school (nor the school administrators) to watch our sport on TV because it is not a respectful showing. Remember I am only passing along non-pool player comments.