FS - Wayne Gunn sneaky

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Here's one you don't see everyday

Wayne Gunn sneaky pete, approximately 10 years old or so. Only marking on it is under the bumper. Looks like #191.

Butt: 15.4oz.
Shaft #1 3.6oz / 12.72mm (Gunn original - curly maple)
Shaft #2 3.5oz / 12.80mm (not a Gunn original)
3/8-10 pin

Butt rolls straight. Shafts have slight wobble but neither tip nor collar rise when rolled. Not sure of the wood type (possibly Rosewood). It has a translucent finish to it. You can actually see "depth" to the wood:eek:

$285

Gunn1.jpg

Gunn2.jpg

Gunn3.jpg

Gunn4.jpg

Gunn5.jpg

BobbyC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Gunn

Zeek
I know Terry McInerry an Wayne they are partners for all time, Terry runs a site called Tampa billiards .com, that one shaft looks like what he calls a stacked double nickle maple shaft. I swear I dont know where he got that fraze for curly maple, but thats what he calls it, Just a little history on those 2 guys,the late great Rocky Tillis was there nieghbor, that is where they picked up cue making, I had one of Waynes SP 20 years ago with the old yellow micarta ferrule they are great hitting cues.Good luck with the sale.:thumbup:
BobbyC

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks BobbyC,

It's got a nice feel to it. If I remember right, I believe Wayne called these sneakies the .45 special. (Don't know where he came up with that)

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
BobbyC said:
Zeek
I know Terry McInerry an Wayne they are partners for all time, Terry runs a site called Tampa billiards .com, that one shaft looks like what he calls a stacked double nickle maple shaft. I swear I dont know where he got that fraze for curly maple, but thats what he calls it, Just a little history on those 2 guys,the late great Rocky Tillis was there nieghbor, that is where they picked up cue making, I had one of Waynes SP 20 years ago with the old yellow micarta ferrule they are great hitting cues.Good luck with the sale.:thumbup:
BobbyC

I played with a WG for 15 years. It was a jump break I had the shaft re tapered for shooting with and it was/is a great hitting cue.

I had that cue so long the shaft is a tooth pick now

Good luck with your sale.