JB 4x8 Butterfly

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I have just received a JB butterfly 4x8, and thought I'd drop a few words on it. The case is solid and appears to be very well constructed. The attach points for straps and handles also seem to be very strong. Being a butterfly, the case is very light. The leather has a great feel to it, and although the design is simple, it stands out as an item that that is obviously not mass produced. The pockets are fantastic; they are easy to access, spacious, and the large pocket has a side compartment with a sleeve for a jump cue. The shoulder is very comfortable and has great padding.

Perhaps most telling, is that when I had the case next to a fairly eye-catching 'instroke', every person in the club made comments suggesting they preferred the JB case, even at a cursory glance. And this is in Korea, where knowledge of cases is minimal, and bling is usually king.

My only concern, and it's in no way a fault of JB Cases, is if the case is safe enough to fly with. I often need to fly to events, and it just didn't occur to me that a butterfly case may not have a shell that can stand up to the luggage bay on an aircraft.

By the way, in the picture of just the JB case, you can see my wallet on the rail. It cost $1400. As I was taking these quick pictures (which are pretty shoddy by the way, sorry John), the fact that my small leather wallet cost just under two times the combined value of those two striking cases made me realise that the price of a custom leather case from someone like John is actually really freaking good value.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the case, and it feels great hanging on my shoulder, not just from a comfort perspective, but knowing that I have on display a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

david-N

Registered
wow, awesome weaving on those pockets. i'm awaiting for the final design for my case as well. was told i'd get them this week for approval before production starts. can't wait!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
For your airport concerns, there are hard molded plastic containers for golf clubs. I know it is a bit large but maybe you can pack other things in it as well. I've seen them sell for as little as $60. Or perhaps a gun case of some sort.

The case looks great as do all of John Barton's cases. Many are different but they are all great cases. I know you will enjoy it.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Shuddy,

Sorry.........cannot resist posting after reading yours............$1400 for a freakin' wallet?..........R U Nutso? What about cues?

Hey, I have a one of a kind Runde Schon I can let go to you for $14,500 or how about my Mottey which is pretty rare....I'd let you have that for say.....$22,500......don't need your immediate reply.....take a little time but don't drag your feet as these cues will be available locally as well. You don't wanna miss out on stealing these cues at such bargain prices.

Regards,

Matt

Last edited: