My GC3 project...

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
probably not the place to post this but a continuation of a thread... just showing off now.

Still not complete but being enjoyed... I have about 250 feet of crown to go and a couple windows to case in but here's the nearly completed room.

1656132_10203350789679681_1718005255_n.jpg

1779138_10203350789719682_1482449078_n.jpg

I built my own light using LED strip and I couldn't be much happier, although the wood has a little bow to it. I bought a pre finished 6' wood shelf from Lowes, the finish is remarkably close to the table. 300 5050 LED's white light, very even and just bright enough. This was an experimental prototype. I may develop it into something. Pretty sure I could sell something like this with some tweaking. Although I don't expect to sell thousands of them I was very happy with the light. Going to add an additional 300 LED's and see what that gets me. Right now I have about $80 in this unit. No noise, no heat and draws about 40 watts giving approximately 400 lumens per lineal foot.

Nice room table looks great. Interesting light, I could use a low profile like that. The light looks a little high over the table. Were the LEDs from lowes?

ND Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Led strip purchased from Amazon, easily the lowest retail cost as compared to Lowes or any brick and mortar store. The height of the light was a result of having two young kids playing on the table. Although I knew they probably wouldn't break anything I just though it better to start them with something they are less likely to bang the cue into. Cuetec house cues are in my future they bang the sticks into everything :sorry: So far so good though.