"How-many" pack have you run?

BigAlbert333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3! Since I got married and have two Beautiful children 5 and 2 I can't even run 3 to 4 balls and that's the truth!

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran six once in a 9-ball match on a 9ft. Not sure below that. I know I’ve run threes and fours though.

Put a seven on a guy not too long ago playing bar table 8-Ball, races to 10. My previous best for 8-ball was four in a match and six in practice—both on a bar table.

...and I still haven’t run 50 playing 14.1, lol. I’m beginning to think my head just isn’t built right for that game.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5-pack vs a dude named Luke Coleman(RIP) on my 21st B'day. Was on a GC1 at CueCity in Tulsa,Ok.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I don't think I've played 9 ball in about 18 years and haven't played on a 9' in about 13 years. Don't think I ever ran more than a 1 pack back then but I might have.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
9ball:

6 on a Valley Box, couple early outs in there.
4 on an 8 footer. All 4 were full racks.
3 on a 9 footer multiple times. Never more then that though.

Only on a pool forum can you ask guys about there package.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
5-pack vs a dude named Luke Coleman(RIP) on my 21st B'day. Was on a GC1 at CueCity in Tulsa,Ok.

You tend to remember that stuff, huh... I know *I* do. I don't remember all of it of course but I do most of it. At least the 6 and the 5s. The 5 in that tournament was at the Southwest Open at CM Lee's place. Race to 7. I'm down 6 zip. He breaks dry. I get out, then 5 from the pop. Now it's hill hill, I break dry but leave the 9 **this** >< close to going in the far left corner. The one, five and four are in a cluster against the long rail. I play a perfect safe while freeing up the one. He calls a gaff foul ( no refs ), As I'm calling for the TD, he fires the one into the nine, then rakes all the balls with his cue. Tommy Kennedy is sweating the match and tells me right after, "I couldn't say anything but you got robbed." I just said, "Yeah, I know, but thanks Tommy."

35 years ago and it seems like last week. Ah, memories...

Last edited:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I remember the some of the extra-ordinary good... but all of the mediocre bad.

Yeah, me too, unfortunately. I'm in the hot seat of a small-ish local tourney mannnyyyyy moons ago. I'm playing lights-out and I'm on winner's side. So in the finals, I break, make 2 or 3 balls, then proceed to FIRE the first shot straight into the rail. He gets out, then puts a 2 pack on me. My next shot, I'm straight in, and I FIRE that baby straight into the rail. He puts another 2 on me. My next inning, I make a world-beater shot on the one, get ungodly PERFECT shape on the two, then FIRE that baby straight into the rail. He gets out and it's over. In the next set I proceed to get beat 7 zip. So my finals? Bagel-bagel.

My girl friend bi**h-slapped me...

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Michael I applaud your restraint. I would’ve attatcked that guy like a rabid wolf, and gotten arrested, lost my cue probably cuz I doubt the cops would bring it along. On a similar note I hate the term Pack...I don’t know why, no offense to everyone here I know it’s the standard. I call it a piece, but it doesn’t work for the plural...but Packages is even worse. Like how many packages you think they’ll put on this tough TV table? I wanna jump through the computer ;)

I’ve ran a 3 piece in 10 ball and 2 in 9ball, 3 in 8 ball. I’ve probably run 3 in 9 ball but the only ones I specifically remember have been 2. I play the Ghost a lot so some of those thoughts crowd my head but I’m not counting BIH ghost racks

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Michael I applaud your restraint. I would’ve attatcked that guy like a rabid wolf, and gotten arrested, lost my cue probably cuz I doubt the cops would bring it along. On a similar note I hate the term Pack...I don’t know why, no offense to everyone here I know it’s the standard. I call it a piece, but it doesn’t work for the plural...but Packages is even worse. Like how many packages you think they’ll put on this tough TV table? I wanna jump through the computer ;)

I’ve ran a 3 piece in 10 ball and 2 in 9ball, 3 in 8 ball. I’ve probably run 3 in 9 ball but the only ones I specifically remember have been 2. I play the Ghost a lot so some of those thoughts crowd my head but I’m not counting BIH ghost racks

Yeah, Jeff, I was none-too happy about it but it was basically over before anyone could say anything. Everybody ( or most of them, anyway ) could plainly see what happened. The guy just watched me take him from 6 zip to hill hill with him never getting to the table and he was scared s**tless so he pulled a gaff move and it worked for him. There were some stone-cold world champions right there so there was never a question of anything becoming physical. Not my cup of tea, anyway, so... c'est la vie. I had several people other then Tommy come up to me and say something about it. Oh well... water long since under the bridge.

And, yeah, I'm not a big fan of "pack" either. Everyone I grew up with and every player I ever knew or saw play just called it "Stringing racks", or "4 from the snap.", etc, etc...

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10-Ball 4-packs numerous times. Only once I had shot from 5th break. Normally ends with dry break.

8-Ball depends. I ran 6 and out race to 6 on Finnish Champs and 4 more on next match start... So 10-pack or 6-pack :D

9-Ball 7-pack couple times. I normally play 10-ball nowadays so I think I can´t beat that anymore :D

Michael Andros

Silver Member
10-Ball 4-packs numerous times. Only once I had shot from 5th break. Normally ends with dry break.

8-Ball depends. I ran 6 and out race to 6 on Finnish Champs and 4 more on next match start... So 10-pack or 6-pack :D

9-Ball 7-pack couple times. I normally play 10-ball nowadays so I think I can´t beat that anymore :D

Impressive work, sir.