Vengeance is mine!!

miscrewed1989

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two weeks ago I was finally able to play some 1-hole against a local player I had been wanting to play for awhile. Maybe I was too eager... Maybe I was over confident... I don't know, but after playing 10 games I had failed to win even 1. Bad rolls? I believe a player creates his own rolls, so if one plays bad, yes, the balls roll bad for him. Anyway, after handing him a large chunk of my bankroll, I went home to analyze the situation and decided the outcome was due to a number of factors, non pool related, going on in my life. Last night, 2 weeks later, he came in the pool room again and immediately asked me to play. I had been playing some bartable 9 ball with my girlfriend, giving her the 7 and the break, for a couple hours. I was reluctant to drop her to play 1 pocket, but she thought I should play so I did. We played for only 3 hours and in that time I made him question why he ever started playing pool in the first place. Needless to say, I recovered my losses, and then some! What a feeling!! 2 weeks ago I knew I was supposed to win but just couldn't seem to make it happen. Last night put my confidence back in the right place (not to mention how much my girlfriend likes to watch me win the cash!).
Anyway, I just wanted to share. I'm not trying to brag, it just made me feel really good! Anyone else want to share a similar experience?

miscrewed1989

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not a jerk

I've known the guy for several years. I've seen him be a jerk at times but never toward me. I have actually staked him a time or two in the past. Though he was not a jerk, he was definitely unhappy and surprised with how well I played and tried to get in my head with a few comments. Needless to say, he has a new respect for my game and my ability to focus. I don't think he will be so eager to play next time he comes in!