Best Convertible Rail Option

rustic

I've seen a number of people with old semi-Jumbo frame Brunswicks talking about having extra sets of rails (pool, snooker, billiard). I've always written off the idea as impractical because of the cloth speed differences between the different applications. I'm not sure I want to go to that much work to play 3-cushion on Simonis 860. Carom plugs would be an easier answer.

But I find myself wondering if a 5x10 snooker table (set up with fast cloth, mostly for golf) that could be turned into a carom table with a rail swap might not be a great option with enough space at home.

So: what are the best table options for this scenario? Obviously, you don't want to have to completely rebuild the top end of the table every time you want to swap rails, but on the other hand, if you don't end up with a stable, consistent table for either application, I have to wonder if it's worth it?

Are the older T-Rail Brunswicks the best pick for this type of setup? Or is there a better option? Or is this totally impractical for some obvious reason that I'm missing?

-Jeff