Anyone try G2 chalk ??

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anybody that uses Kamui chalk and plays at a public poolroom as opposed to their home table, has no respect for their opponent or their poolroom proprietor or anyone that plays there. The chalk marks are incredibly hard to get out of the cloth, and the chalk marks on the CB are far worse, and greatly increase the chance of "cling". I do not allow anyone to use Kamui chalk in our room.

You may need to change your rules for a new "grade" of Kamui chalk called Roku: https://www.kamuitips.com/products/kamui-roku

[I haven't tried it.]

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the g2 a while back after reading the previous thread concerning this chalk. I do think it is better than most chalks I have tried except for kamuii.

I find that the better the chalk adheres the less I chalk during a match. With masters I would chalk after 2or 3 shots. With g2 I would chalk about once a rack. Last night I switched back to kamuii and chalked my player 4 times last nights during my matches 5 racks of 8 ball and 8 racks of 9 ball. I only chalked my breaker twice all night.

I do agree that kamuii can be messy but I believe I leave less of a mess during a night of playing when I only chalk 4-5 times with kamuii vs chalking after all most every shot using masters.

Sure I have seen a mark left on a ball occasionally...specially the first shot after I chalked with kamuii but at the end of the night my hands and shafts are pretty clean with kamuii vs having blue fingers and shafts when using masters.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the G2 …. been using it for a month only playing once a week. It goes on smooth, good coverage and is super clean!! I had been using Blue Diamond and now realize how messy that chalk is. I am admittedly a bit of an over chalker and still chalk before every shot with the G2 as that is my PSR. The G2 looks like it will last a very long time as well, even chalking every shot.