Tired!!

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i know im new but i have also been a reading for a couple of years before i felt the need to join. i think if they charge people to post alot of good people will chose to go else where leave it the way it is and ban the A-holes

You're right! I don't want anyone to go away, except for the cancer that plagues this forum.

I wrote this thread not realizing that maybe my opinions are better left inside my head. I made a rash decision to write what was on my mind, even though I knew that it would not be a popular one. Although I must say that this is the way all threads should be. People are sharing their disagreement without the personal insults, and others are sharing their support.

My original statement is just the way I feel. Obviously it has it's pro's and con's, but when we can talk about it like mature adults, all viewpoints are shared and maybe a better solution can be reached.

rich337

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right! I don't want anyone to go away, except for the cancer that plagues this forum.

I wrote this thread not realizing that maybe my opinions are better left inside my head. I made a rash decision to write what was on my mind, even though I knew that it would not be a popular one. Although I must say that this is the way all threads should be. People are sharing their disagreement without the personal insults, and others are sharing their support.

My original statement is just the way I feel. Obviously it has it's pro's and con's, but when we can talk about it like mature adults, all viewpoints are shared and maybe a better solution can be reached.

i understand i dont even look at those type of post anymore just tune them out

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
This place is full of pool hall type people:

The once a week league guys.

The high end cue collectors that can't run 3 balls.

The extreme know it all's.

The blabbering drunks.

The sharks and hustlers.

The nits.

The true gamblers.

The broke asses.

The mooches.

The professionals.

The unprofessionals.

The beggars.

The braggers.

The downers.

The uppers.

The loud guy.

The quiet guy.

The ex-pro.

The wanna-be.

The never was.

To try and make everyone pay to post here would result in a forum nothing like a pool hall.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I empathize and sympathize with your opinion about others insulting members of the forum. However, the site is dependent upon traffic and that includes posters. The more the better. Forcing people to pay for a membership just so that they can post isn't going to solve the problem of insults. Having a "membership" might even give the insulters a confidence that they have the right to insult.

Anyway, not a bad idea, just one that probably can't work on this site.

Just my $.02.

Siz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I empathize and sympathize with your opinion about others insulting members of the forum. However, the site is dependent upon traffic and that includes posters. The more the better. Forcing people to pay for a membership just so that they can post isn't going to solve the problem of insults. Having a "membership" might even give the insulters a confidence that they have the right to insult.

Anyway, not a bad idea, just one that probably can't work on this site.

Just my $.02.

I agree.

Imho the only way to deal with insults etc is through moderation. This is always a difficult balancing act but it is easy to see when it is working and when it is not: if the moderation is good, a forum will thrive. If the moderators have got the balance wrong, a forum will decline and wither. In my view, the moderators of this forum do an excellent job, as evidenced by the continued popularity of the forum.

No-one should be reluctant to post for fear of getting into a flame war. Just keep the following point in mind:

This is a public forum, not a vehicle for private conversations or arguments. So before posting anything, think whether your intended post is likely to be of interest to the general readership (members and guests). If it is, then go ahead and post. But if the real reason for your response is only to justify yourself, or to chastise someone for not reading an earlier post more carefully etc etc then take a deep breath and press the delete button. Such posts are hardly ever of any interest to the general viewer and can rapidly lead to a thread's premature demise.

If a member follows this advice, I dont see why he should ever get into a flame war and therefore has nothing to fear. :smile:

Just a thought. (And thanks to the OP for starting this thread - much appreciated :thumbup:)