Shore Thing Billiards in Myrtle Beach is AWESOME

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Drove up from Charleston to see John Brumback and Shannon Daulton do an exhibition. It was well worth the drive. We got there about 7:30pm and played on the 7ft'ers until about 8:30pm or so. Shannon and John played banks against each other for a while, then did some set up shots, (John banked 10 balls in consecutive, it was great).

Then they did the challenge portion. I ponied up the moola and played both. Had a great out against Shannon and got so damn jittery and excited I hopped the cue ball right off the table, lol. Then broke and ran to 8 on John, but had to jump to make contact. Didnt make the 8 and, suprise, he ran out and banked the 8. I'm sure the folks watching the stream caught it, lol. Regardless, you got a signed cue ball and photo just for challenging. Priceless if you ask me. Getting to rub elbows with pros and play them??? Awesome.

Those guys play so well, and were really easy to talk to. I chatted with John for probably 30 minutes about pool in general, where he was from, how he got into playing and such. It was really like talking to a guy you knew your whole life. Very personable fella, and a pleasure to meet.

Shore Thing is a sweet pool hall. Hell, we didnt leave until nearly 2am and I had to drag myself out to go. The tables play great, the staff is awesome, and I can definitely see myself driving 2 hours to play a weekend up there.

So keep up the good work guys! It's awesome!!! Myrtle Beach needed a place like this.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Drove up from Charleston to see John Brumback and Shannon Daulton do an exhibition. It was well worth the drive. We got there about 7:30pm and played on the 7ft'ers until about 8:30pm or so. Shannon and John played banks against each other for a while, then did some set up shots, (John banked 10 balls in consecutive, it was great).

Then they did the challenge portion. I ponied up the moola and played both. Had a great out against Shannon and got so damn jittery and excited I hopped the cue ball right off the table, lol. Then broke and ran to 8 on John, but had to jump to make contact. Didnt make the 8 and, suprise, he ran out and banked the 8. I'm sure the folks watching the stream caught it, lol. Regardless, you got a signed cue ball and photo just for challenging. Priceless if you ask me. Getting to rub elbows with pros and play them??? Awesome.

Those guys play so well, and were really easy to talk to. I chatted with John for probably 30 minutes about pool in general, where he was from, how he got into playing and such. It was really like talking to a guy you knew your whole life. Very personable fella, and a pleasure to meet.

Shore Thing is a sweet pool hall. Hell, we didnt leave until nearly 2am and I had to drag myself out to go. The tables play great, the staff is awesome, and I can definitely see myself driving 2 hours to play a weekend up there.

So keep up the good work guys! It's awesome!!! Myrtle Beach needed a place like this.

I seen the hop off the table lol
You were getting out good until that :eek:
Come check us out on Friday and Tuesday night

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
Thanks for the great comments, I'll let the owner know. The Expo went great and I got to meet John, Shannon and Marge also. They are great guys & gals and watching them bank was awesome. I wish I got to meet you, I don't know who you were since there was a lot of challenge matches. I was hanging with Petey most of time by the table with Shannon & Johns cues. I was the skinny dude in the blue Element shirt. Anyway, thanks and your last statement was correct, "Myrtle Beach needed a poolhall like this" Ron

coop19772002

The GSBT
Silver Member

It was a really fun night, it was nice to meet you Nick! Shore Thing Billiards really is an awesome room. We had the best time in there the past few nights! Thanks to Brent & Ann Hudgins (the owners), BJ, Jamie, and the rest of the staff for all of their hospitality! Very good folks that treat you just like family! I love the room and everyone that came out to support Shannon & John and the room!! It has definitely been an awesome trip with some lasting memories!!

If anyone would like you can go back and watch a portion of the exhibition here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/greatsouthernbilliardtour
WARNING: Disregard the commentator Jeff Peele, he was just having a good time on the stream!!! And nothing he said was true!!

ShoreThingBilliards.jpg

Last edited: