Wanted: 3/8-14 (Cuetec) Tap

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm interested in getting a tap for the Cuetec thread. (3/8-14). There are a few guys in the local league that I could sell joint protectors and possible shafts to if I could get the tap.

Does anybody have one or know where i can get one stock? I'm not interested in putting out a hundred bucks to get one made.

Thanks,

ddcuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap

If you check the the pin it is .372 x 14. The 3/8 x 14 will make the pin to loose.
I had the .372 x 14 tap made through MSC. The pin fits snug all the way in.
Hope this helps
David

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
be1163 said:
I'm interested in getting a tap for the Cuetec thread. (3/8-14). There are a few guys in the local league that I could sell joint protectors and possible shafts to if I could get the tap.

Does anybody have one or know where i can get one stock? I'm not interested in putting out a hundred bucks to get one made.

Thanks,

I have a 3/8X14 tap and as DDrepair states in a previous reply, "it is a loose fit".
At one time 3/8X14 was a standard made tap but this is no longer the case. A 100.00 dollars sounds very inexpensive to have a tap made. I believe that is going to be your only route for a bastard size that they are.

Dick

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ddcuerepair said:
If you check the the pin it is .372 x 14. The 3/8 x 14 will make the pin to loose.
I had the .372 x 14 tap made through MSC. The pin fits snug all the way in.
Hope this helps
David

Do you remember what the tap cost you? I tried calling MSC but I don't have all the info they need to quote me.

ddcuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap

Yes it was about $100.00 for the tap. I told them I needed a tap .372 Dia with a 14 thread per inch with a reduiced shank. When I got them I got both a plug tap and a bottom tap. You need only the bottom tap. That way you dont need to drill the hole any deeper than the pin lengith.
If you need any more info you can call me.
336-688-1149
David