I want to clear up the confusion about flakes vs dennis money match

phillyviper1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so I have heard many stories about this match up multiple different stories. So im gonna just clear this up for you all as I was with john and was part of the action. So dennis and john played a set on monday. The game was 9 ball race to 11 john got 4 games on the wire and had a front pocket and dennis had a back pocket. Dennis broke and ran out to the back pocket as if it was he job so when the score was 7-6 dennis. John forfieted and payed off because we realized he had no chance at the game. So a few days later john was asked to play again so john, nick and my self came up with an adjustment to limit the break and run factor. So we decided that we would play the same game but instead of racing 9 ball we would rack 10 ball and after the balls were broke the 10 comes off the table and the 9 gets spotted to the bottom rail. This would ensure us that the chances of dennis running out wouldn't be that big of a factor, also we changed it to alternating break. So they agreed to the terms and the match was set. The first set went hill hill and someone from dennis side asked us to add 5k and start over. John wanted to play the one game for the original bet or start over and bet 100k . After about 10 minutes of negotiations it was agreed that they would bet 30k and the race would be to a 11 instead of 10 and john would get 3 games on the wire. John hit a gear early in the set and dennis had no chance . The final score was 11-5. . So moral of the story . Philly boys got the cash .... fair and square

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey Vinny, I just read somewhere that they are playing again right now with an adjusted game. do you know the details?

phillyviper1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey Vinny, I just read somewhere that they are playing again right now with an adjusted game. do you know the details?

I just got back to philly so I wasnt there for the negotiations of the new game. But the adjustment that was made is not that much different then the first match. But as soon as john calls me I will update u on the new details.