Pool Room Advertising

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Im not a pool room owner but I love pool and Im entering into the arena of Pool Promoter and have some things Im working on which makes me concerned about the state of the sport and the possibilities for promotional events.

I have noticed that it seemed to me that Advertising is something I dont see done in the Pool Room business and Ive got some ideas on it and would love to hear about what if anything is being done.

Last edited:

jhugo

Registered
Re:

One thing I find interesting being new to pool - is how many times I hear about a pool room or a tournament on the forums and i am curious and i google the room and find no websites at all. Telling your story with good pictures, video tours, hours, contact info is really important these days and seems lacking - most of the ones that do have a site - it is dated and looks homeade - certainly might improve business a bit for newcomers - this looks like a place I'd like to visit someday:

http://cbcburns.com/billiards/

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Nice Place

One thing I find interesting being new to pool - is how many times I hear about a pool room or a tournament on the forums and i am curious and i google the room and find no websites at all. Telling your story with good pictures, video tours, hours, contact info is really important these days and seems lacking - most of the ones that do have a site - it is dated and looks homeade - certainly might improve business a bit for newcomers - this looks like a place I'd like to visit someday:

http://cbcburns.com/billiards/

Jhugo,
I agree thats a nice place and it looks like they have blended several businesses together to form a nice whole. I see this thread has had 34 clicks and only your one response which sort of tells me that there isnt much advertising being done by pool rooms. I know its a tough business but seems to me if I were in it I would try to do something to stir up activity besides hold tournaments.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
APA is strong in our area. No need to advertise, just keep our loyal customers happy and they'll spread the word.

I received multiple request to start a Facebook page and was surprised to find how much interest there is. From my past experience, it's easier to update than a webpage too. Just post the event and you're done.

But then again, I'm lucky, we're like family at Steve's.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not a pool room owner but I love pool and Im entering into the arena of Pool Promoter and have some things Im working on which makes me concerned about the state of the sport and the possibilities for promotional events.

I have noticed that it seemed to me that Advertising is something I dont see done in the Pool Room business and Ive got some ideas on it and would love to hear about what if anything is being done.

I wish you well on this,,,,,,,I have an effort going currently on my site where room owners can list their room in my Poolrooms Directory and keep it updated with events they put on, specials, tournaments,,,,,,whatever helps them. I also encourage ALL players to go in and post reviews and info on rooms they frequent. The directory is easily searchable by state or room name, and it is free for all to use. Here is the directory,,,,,,,
http://www.classifiedbilliards.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=95

Hope it helps,,,,,,someone, anyone, and everyone.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Nice Database

I wish you well on this,,,,,,,I have an effort going currently on my site where room owners can list their room in my Poolrooms Directory and keep it updated with events they put on, specials, tournaments,,,,,,whatever helps them. I also encourage ALL players to go in and post reviews and info on rooms they frequent. The directory is easily searchable by state or room name, and it is free for all to use. Here is the directory,,,,,,,
http://www.classifiedbilliards.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=95

Hope it helps,,,,,,someone, anyone, and everyone.

Renegade56,
Nice work on the database. Its good to get things like this out there, that helps current players find tournaments and pool happenings in their area.

The biggest area of concern Ive found from talking to Pool Product Merchandisers is the finite number of players.

The Pool League systems do bring players into the sport so we know that when players go up, they can reach a level where its difficult to be on Pool Teams unless they create their own and make sure they get lower players to play on their teams in order to continue playing however,

I believe its the consensus of most of people in the Industry that I talk to that there isnt so much public awareness about the sport because there is no one out there saying......Got Pool?......to the general public....like the Dairymans Association says....Got Milk?

Its my belief that some sort of grass roots advertising in places where people gather would and could pull in .....New...Players. These would be people who otherwise not think about going to play pool today or any other day.

A new player creates activity. He might go join a league, become a customer at a local pool room for practice, buy equipment, travel to trade shows and become a part of the Pool Culture and maybe even put a game room into his home.

When I say advertisement yes I am speaking of Advertisement...but specifically I am interested in what Pool Room owners can do in their respective areas to raise the conciousness of the local population that Pool even exists.

The reason for my concern is that we have no one who is doing this for us.

Pool has gone through its losses of popularity for various reasons we are all familiar with but doing something about those losses is going to be something we are going to have to think about and address if we want more people to play pool.

In my opinion...Pool is not a....If you build it they will come business anymore...its more like well Ive got this Pool Room...what can I do to increase my business? If that riddle can be solved then I think we can look for good things to come Industry wide.

So I guess my question is more along the lines of.....Is anyone doing anything to pick up new players?

Last edited: