Mike Erwin Pool Cues

caesar

Sioux Falls SD
Silver Member
I just bought a Mike Erwin cue and am trying to elict some opinions from other Erwin owners. I know he worked for Meucci so I can assume his shaft tapers, style etc. would be similar to a mooch. Would one consider his cues custom? Production? How about collectability. I will do a personal review of my new cue when I get it next week, and post it on the cue review thread.
Thanks fellow Az'ers!

craig1243

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
erwin cues

hi,i own several of his cues and never have hit a bad one ,far better than any muicci.quality of muiccis went down when he left shop.

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to knock him as a cuemaker, but there are quite a few of his cues in and around the Louisville area.

Personally I think they are some of the worst custom cues I've ever picked up , which might be partially because they are like a Meucci.

Traditionally I've either played with a southwest or some other insanely hard hitting/stiff cue. This is not what you get with a Mike Erwin.

Resale value is also terrible. I have had a couple and I could barely even give them away.

poke&hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Erwin cues

Mike has been making cues on his on for years. I have two of his cues and traveled to Mississippi to get a shaft made for an old hoppe years ago. Mike is one of the nicest,honest guys you will ever meet. His standard cue is 13.25. There is a lot of his cues in the southeast where he was well known in pool circles. Mike made cues for years the way the customer wanted and did lots of repair work. You can find many variations of his cues but all I have seen are solid built. Mike made cues to make a living but being his humble self did not promote himself or troll for the highest prices. Mike Erwin makes good looking cues that will last a lifetime. Playability is always subjective. I personally think his standard 13.25 is best but that doesn't mean much to someone else. You are getting a good cue from a custom cuemaker from the old school which represents quality and character.You can be proud!