Cousins Cues

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
I have an opportunity to trade for one of these cues. Nice 6 pointer ebony into BEM. I wasn't able to find much about them here on AZB or on the interwebs. Anyone have any insight into their balance and hit?

Thanks for any info.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have an opportunity to trade for one of these cues. Nice 6 pointer ebony into BEM. I wasn't able to find much about them here on AZB or on the interwebs. Anyone have any insight into their balance and hit?

Thanks for any info.

I have a plane one. It feels good and I really like how it plays. All subjective, but it is a fairly stiff hit and the balance feels right. I've only shot with the one cue, but I like it. Fit and finish is good too.

Here is a link to the cue, a couple others comment on Cousins Cues there.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=347046&highlight=Cousins

Last edited:

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member

Thanks for any info.

Cousins Cues were all the rage back in the early 90's up in Northern Cal. They had a pretty good following...I have one that I bought in Southern Cal. They are nice hitting cues that can be had for a great price (today).

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cousins Cues were made by Gary Wright on the East Coast and distributed/sold by his cousin Ed Wright in Northern CA.

When Gary quit making them there were several cues put in storage and I believe they are now available for purchase. Contact Lee at Buffalo Billiards in Petaluma, CA, https://www.buffalo-billiards.com/

They are great playing cues.

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
Thank you for the responses so far. I also have an offer of a Shurtz. Just trying to make an informed decision.

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
Has anyone ever seen a Cousins with a G10 pin? Looks wither 3/8x10 or 3/8x11.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cousins Cue

Has anyone ever seen a Cousins with a G10 pin? Looks wither 3/8x10 or 3/8x11.

I have seen about 10 Cousins cues and none of them had a G10 pin. I believe that Gary never used a G10 pin and somebody replaced the original pin. I am not even sure the G10 pin was around when they were making Cousins cues.

You also probably need to get the size of each shaft and the weight of the butt to increase you chance of selling the cue. Its probably a 3/8 10 pin.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't be too quick to dismiss the Shurtz cue......Bob Owen has been making cues a really long time
and frankly, he is truly one helluva talented cue-maker and it just might be a cue that Bob made too.
Matt B.

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every Cousins I've seen has been outfitted with a 3/8-10 pin. I went to college in Sonoma county in the late 90s and there were a lot of players that liked them. I've had 3. Still have the first one that I bought nearly 20 years ago. Very nice playing cues for the money.