Pocket opening size?

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Gandy big G, and the the pocket size is generous. I picked up an older Brunswick and the pockets are a little smaller.

Is there a regulation pocket size and what is the size on tournament quality tables? I measured mine and the front of the opening is around 5" tapers to 4" at the back.

Thanks in advance.

Never mind, don't know why I didn't think to google it first. Duh.... Found this info and thought I would share it with others here who might not know, or who just might be curious to know.

Here are the official pocket specs from the WPA:

The pocket openings for pool tables are measured between opposing cushion noses where the direction changes into the pocket (from pointed lip to pointed lip). This is called mouth.

Corner Pocket Mouth: between 4.5 [11.43 cm] and 4.625 inches [11.75 cm]
Side Pocket Mouth: between 5 [12.7 cm] and 5.125 inches [13.0175 cm]
*The mouth of the side pocket is traditionally ½ inch [1.27 cm] wider than
the mouth of the corner pocket.

Last edited:

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never mind, I don't know why I didn't think to google it first. Duh.... Found this info and thought I would share it with others here who might not know, or who just might be curious to know.

The pocket openings for pool tables are measured between opposing cushion noses where the direction changes into the pocket (from pointed lip to pointed lip). This is called mouth.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never mind, I don't know why I didn't think to google it first. Duh.... Found this info and thought I would share it with others here who might not know, or who just might be curious to know.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your answer is correct,

however i put new cushions on my table so my pockets are much smaller, this forum dont get much traffic, look at the other forums, RealKingCobra is the smartest guy about pocket templates etc here.