Billiard felt opportunity

pete lafond

pete.l@slipstic.com
Silver Member
We have been working with a fabric manufacturer to come up with the right quality billiard cloth for quite some time now. I have since installed and all is performing as expected. I am producing another batch to be installed at other billiard rooms who have paid for installation. (Note This product will not be officially announced until later this year.)

If anyone is interested and needs felt, this felts performance equals and may very well outperform Simonis for true ball roll and wear. At this time only one version is available and only in the color green. This product will carry our SlipStic brand name on it.

As a comparison, this products speed performs in between the Simonis 760 and 860, though much closer to 760. If you plan to use it on a Gandy table, you might want to install the felt, down-side up for the rails only. The reason is that with the lively rails of a Gandy, you will need to slow it down some. Later on we will have a bit slower cloth.

It is made using long strands of worsted wool 70% and 30% nylon. It will endure hard play without the piling and reduces fiber breakage that slows table felt down over time.

I am only posting this here now because it would make sense to manufacture additional fabric at this time for us. Anyone interested is free to buy an entire roll at 120 feet x 64 inches wide or just enough to finish one 9 ' table. You will have an opportunity to buy again before product launch if you choose enough for just one table.

Prices for this offer are $97 for one table and $1525 for an entire roll. These prices include shipping. (The retail price later will be $239 for a 9'.table following product launch.)

If you need a different color than green or have other questions, please email me at pete.l@slipstic.com and I'll do my best to meet your requirements.

You may visit here to buy ---> http://shop.slipstic.com/

Edit:(thanks for orders and end date will be 3/6/07)

Thanks,

Pete

Last edited:

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any Commercial Installations?

Heya Pete,

Have you guys installed/tested this product in any bar/commercial type environments? I'm just curious how it holds up to daily abuse!?

We've been using Championship cloth 19 to 22 oz felt and been very happy (save the dummie practicing jump shots) for how it holds up for us.

We re-felt every year and have always been a little slow on the trigger for 860 Simoniz.

What is the price difference for a 4x8 bar box?

Thanks,

Ken ;)

pete lafond

pete.l@slipstic.com
Silver Member
krbsailing said:
Heya Pete,

Have you guys installed/tested this product in any bar/commercial type environments? I'm just curious how it holds up to daily abuse!?

We've been using Championship cloth 19 to 22 oz felt and been very happy (save the dummie practicing jump shots) for how it holds up for us.

We re-felt every year and have always been a little slow on the trigger for 860 Simoniz.

What is the price difference for a 4x8 bar box?

Thanks,

Ken ;)

Hey Ken,

It is durable enough but I think it might be too fast for a bar size table. We have another cloth that I think will suit you well though I am not sure if we can let go of it just yet.

As you might know DuPont helps us with our product formulations, anyway they have introduced us to an innovative chemical company that has developed a new variety of fabric guard products. Our intent is to use this new product to treat the cloth I think will work for your environment. What is really nice about this product is that it is unlike the typical Teflon products, this one does not change the structure or play-ability of the felt at all. I think this one, when ready, would serve you best (spills and such) . I'll let you know if I can get a piece available.

Pete

Last edited:

cueclub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so will it be possible for me to buy any now before its launched and have it sent up here?

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
pete lafond said:
We have been working with a fabric manufacturer to come up with the right quality billiard cloth for quite some time now. I have since installed and all is performing as expected. I am producing another batch to be installed at other billiard rooms who have paid for installation. (Note This product will not be officially announced until later this year.)

If anyone is interested and needs felt, this felts performance equals and may very well outperform Simonis for true ball roll and wear. At this time only one version is available and only in the color green. This product will carry our SlipStic brand name on it.

As a comparison, this products speed performs in between the Simonis 760 and 860, though much closer to 760. If you plan to use it on a Gandy table, you might want to install the felt, down-side up for the rails only. The reason is that with the lively rails of a Gandy, you will need to slow it down some. Later on we will have a bit slower cloth.

It is made using long strands of worsted wool 70% and 30% nylon. It will endure hard play without the piling and reduces fiber breakage that slows table felt down over time.

I am only posting this here now because it would make sense to manufacture additional fabric at this time for us. Anyone interested is free to buy an entire roll at 120 feet x 64 inches wide or just enough to finish one 9 ' table. You will have an opportunity to buy again before product launch if you choose enough for just one table.

Prices for this offer are $97 for one table and $1525 for an entire roll. These prices include shipping. (The retail price later will be $239 for a 9'.table following product launch.)

If you need a different color than green or have other questions, please email me at pete.l@slipstic.com and I'll do my best to meet your requirements.

You may visit here to buy ---> http://shop.slipstic.com/

Edit:(thanks for orders and end date will be 3/6/07)

Thanks,

Pete

Whatever became of this cloth?