REVO Shaft On STEEL JOINT UNI-LOC-" TOO STIFF HITTING?????

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OPINIONS // EXPERIENCE-
CONSIDERING REVO-
WHAT BEST HITTING , FEEL ,
FOR THE NEW SHAFT-UNILOCK, STEEL OR RADIAL ??????????????

Thank you

HeadCase

Banned
The tip makes wayyy more difference than the joint.
I use my 12.4 Revos on a very old P2 Butt. It has a steel joint. I didn’t notice any difference with the other joints but tips made these things play night and day different

I like a hard loud tip so I went with a shark skin tip for a louder hit.

I would definitely try firmer tips. For some reason a LOT of people put Kamui tips on these things and then sell them. They really don’t agree well with those tips from what I’ve seen.

Good luck and welcome to the dark side.

Once you go Black.....

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OPINIONS // EXPERIENCE-
CONSIDERING REVO-

Thank you

I tried a several Revos on several cues, Ikon 3-1 my son bought, a older Predator limited with a steel joint, my full splice Radial, a Predator cue with a radial and a P3.

Of all those the best two that I liked was my cue with a radial and the steel joint Predator cue. The Ikon 3-1 was not bad either, but I liked the balance and feel of the other two better.

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OPINIONS // EXPERIENCE-
CONSIDERING REVO-

Thank you

The Uni-Loc Revo has a brass insert set in a phenolic collar.
The Radial Revo is a threaded phenolic collar.

The pin simply pulls the two (shaft collar/butt joint) together making the contact surfaces mate.

I have played with the Revo Radial on steel joints and with Phenolic joints...
I have also played with the Uni-Loc on Steel and Phenolic joints.
I have made wood adapters to join different pins to Revo shafts, so Revo phenolic to wood...
I have changed the joining threads to mount to Meucci cues, Schon cues, Runde cues, custom 3/8x10 pin cues, G-10 pin cues.
I have even converted a reverse thread installing the threaded pin in the shaft for the female joint Robinson cues...

If there was an ability to actually blind test, I seriously doubt one could feel / detect a difference...
The theory of Wood to Wood feel (some of the well established players talk about on customs and/or sneakies) is not in the cards as the Revo does not have wood.
As long as the mating surfaces are correctly mated... It just doesn't matter.
However, the Revo radial has been a ghost with very limited stock.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 302
Last edited: