Leather dent

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one dent in my smooth leather wrap. Hate to have it re-wrapped any suggestions ?

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
I have one dent in my smooth leather wrap. Hate to have it re-wrapped any suggestions ?

Pics. might help to see what you are refering to?:smile: Maybe already into wood/ big dent. Maybe just a surface mark only.

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't do pictures its a lack of a brain thing. The dent is not deep but just looks bad, more of an indentation. I know with shafts you can use water an heat. Just though there might be a easy fix. Thanks Skip

tsp&b

Silver Member
Add several more dents then you won't notice it so much. Seriously if it us just a slight dent you can put just a little steam to it and try to smooth it out so it is not so bothersome.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Add several more dents then you won't notice it so much. Seriously if it us just a slight dent you can put just a little steam to it and try to smooth it out so it is not so bothersome.

Since leather wraps are not so thick anyway, if there's much of a dent there it's likely in the wood under the wrap, so I would think steam should do it some good. You may take a straight pin and punch one or two holes straight in, thru the leather and into the wood just a bit for better results. I've seen this work thru clearcoat, so I can't imagine it not working thru leather,,,,,,,,worth a try. Just be careful and don't ruin the leather.