CTE. Why I think it works...

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I have been thinking about this for the last couple of years. I am primarily a CTE player and use it for the most part. I am also a Tim Gallway and The inner game of tennis fan. When you use CTE you are approximating your shot and the million times you have shot the shot your inner self takes over and makes it.

I did a couple of tests to back my theory...

First I taught my son CTE. We worked and worked on it... He rarely plays and couldn't make a ball using CTE. Taught him fractional aiming and bang he started making shots.

Second test I took my glasses off and was still able to sink shots with only seeing fuzzy spheres. (I of course would not play this way as my

One important lesson in the inner game tennis is getting your conscious self to step out of the way and letting inner self take over. Aiming by ghost ball or fractional aiming is conscious self driving the show. Getting an estimated line and placing your cue somewhere along that line confuses the hell out of conscious self and allows inner self do what it is supposed to... Sink balls. Inner self is the person that takes over when you go into zone.

If you are just delving in CTE stick with it and practice the shots you miss until it is in the inner selfs computer. It takes time... God I am realizing it again... But it works for many pros and very good amateurs.

I hope I made sense with this. I know I am setting myself up for getting blasted by saying that CTE aiming is not aiming at all. But it would definitely explain why pros say they don't aim... If what I think is true then they aren't lying.

It may not be what was intended, but I am taking from this that it is being said that it is NOT a conscious aiming method & hence would not be an objective aiming method, but instead relies on those subjectively time learned shot pictures that are logged in one's subconscious mind.

Perhaps the OP can clarify because, unlike some, I do NOT want to put 'words' into the mouth of another that one did not say or mis-convey one's ideas, thoughts, or beliefs.

So, Please Johnny V, can you clarify what it is you meant to convey?

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I understand what he meant, he said it in plain English. His tests prove nothing nor are they relevant in any way to anybody. He inferred whatever he wanted to from two situations that may have been caused by many other reasons than "eureka CTE works!". His first example is actually an argument against cte. Something doesn't work if it is something else that got the job done, it's like when someone can't open a jar and then someone else pops it right off then saying "well I loosened up for you".

Okay,

I guess we saw some of the same things but we saw a different intended purpose. Perhaps a failed one.

I agree with what you're saying & that has been the 'argument' for the longest time. The actual WHAT it is that actually allows one to have success while utilizing it.

Thanks for the probable correction.

Best,
Rick

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
You guys must be extremely bored or never grew out of being bullies.

Your obsession w being correct without proof is childish and idiotic to say the least.

If you're not interested in a thread then just pass by it. Are you that insecure that you need to constantly troll?

Some people actually come on here w intentions of learning and teaching. This childish behavior is what has forced many of the pros and knowledgeable Ppl in the game and industry to leave this forum.

If you don't agree w something then give some valid points and if that's not enough then move on.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
You guys must be extremely bored or never grew out of being bullies.

Your obsession w being correct without proof is childish and idiotic to say the least.

If you're not interested in a thread then just pass by it. Are you that insecure that you need to constantly troll?

Some people actually come on here w intentions of learning and teaching. This childish behavior is what has forced many of the pros and knowledgeable Ppl in the game and industry to leave this forum.

If you don't agree w something then give some valid points and if that's not enough then move on.

Practice what you preach............

Pros....more like cry babies if they don't get the type attention they want....

As I stated, its all about practice why anything works, even CTE.

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about it, and I think I have somewhat of an idea.

I've been working on cte for more than a year now, and I use it on everything but combos, and caroms.

I'm not sure if this is correct but my idea was to have a top down view of someone shooting on a table. One person just shooting any which way they want as long as it isn't at a pocket. The other person shoots every different perception except for the one that leads to the obvious pocket.

Now if you superimpose another larger table on top of that video any which way, as long as the cb and ob start within a part where both tables overlap, and as long as a cte perception is being used, wouldn't that mean that the ball should be tracking towards a pocket, either directly, or 1, or 2 or 3 rails?

I think you could determine after a large sample of shots that with cte, that more shots would track towards pockets using less rails, and with ghost ball, some shots don't track towards pockets at all.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I think this is my first time in a CTE thread.

Does this mean I've lost my virginity?:slap:

Jeff Livingston

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I think this is my first time in a CTE thread.

Does this mean I've lost my virginity?:slap:

Jeff Livingston

Not only did you lose your virginity...

but you were raped & it was not even a date rape...

you were raped by one for whom you have considerable disdain...

but not only were you not just raped but you have also been impregnated & you will be delivering the seed from that rape on the table.

For every shot that you look at from now on that rape will cause you to see at least the CTE line if not others.

:wink:

You may a have a legitimate civil law suit, should you decide to pursue one. :wink:

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I was thinking about it, and I think I have somewhat of an idea.

I've been working on cte for more than a year now, and I use it on everything but combos, and caroms.

I'm not sure if this is correct but my idea was to have a top down view of someone shooting on a table. One person just shooting any which way they want as long as it isn't at a pocket. The other person shoots every different perception except for the one that leads to the obvious pocket.

Now if you superimpose another larger table on top of that video any which way, as long as the cb and ob start within a part where both tables overlap, and as long as a cte perception is being used, wouldn't that mean that the ball should be tracking towards a pocket, either directly, or 1, or 2 or 3 rails?

I think you could determine after a large sample of shots that with cte, that more shots would track towards pockets using less rails, and with ghost ball, some shots don't track towards pockets at all.

Hi Tony,

I see absolutely no logic to that line of thinking.

Could you possibly explain or elaborate as to why you are thinking that?

The game requires all 90* of possible outcomes.

The use of CTE can & does send the CB to ghost ball locations. It just can not send it to all of them, at least not objectively.

I could possibly see what you are saying IF the balls for the CTE shots were placed in only certain spots on the table that fit the angle of the objective portion of the CTE use for such, but for all of the other spots on the table it would be just as random.

Thanks in Advance for any enlightenment as to your thinking,
Rick

PS Just when I throw balls out onto the table to shoot, balls rather often bank 1 or 2 rails into pockest & I am not using CTE to throw balls out.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Tony,

The use of CTE can & does send the CB to ghost ball locations. It just can not send it to all of them, at least not objectively.

I could possibly see what you are saying IF the balls for the CTE shots were placed in only certain spots on the table that fit the angle of the objective portion of the CTE use for such, but for all of the other spots on the table it would be just as random.

Thanks in Advance for any enlightenment a to your thinking,
Rick

PS Just when I throw balls out onto the table to shoot balls rather often bank 1 or 2 rails into pocket & I am not using CTE to throw balls out.

Conventionally, yup, 90 outcomes is at the core of what amateurs are taught and consequently that becomes their reality. The old nose behind the Center of the cue ball approach. Make no mistake about it, professionals do not have their noses behind CCB in relation to the GB line.
Offset sighting is a different visual animal in which a few learned perceptions can work essentially for 90 different outcomes.
I can show you this and it is indisputable for any player that can open their mind, plus having the willingness to work a little bit.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Tony,

Thanks in Advance for any enlightenment a to your thinking,
Rick

PS Just when I throw balls out onto the table to shoot balls rather often bank 1 or 2 rails into pocket & I am not using CTE to throw balls out.

Theoretically you can throw an object ball and a cb anywhere on the table and if you use any one of the 8 perceptual options, the ball will either go in a pocket, or bank towards a pocket.

It's because of the 1 by 2 dimension of the pool table. Im wondering if you were to place another pool table image over the original shot, in any orientation, and a pool table of any size (as long as it's a 1x2 dimension pool table), the ball should be going into pockets either directly or off of banks into a pocket on the "ghost" table.

I think there would be at least a pattern of cte perceptions either being pocketed on the ghost table either directly or indirectly within reason.

The point is to prove that shooting with cte perceptions will naturally take you along track lines that lead to pockets based on the geometry of a pool table.

I guess you can set up a random shot, fire in the ball from 1 to 90 degrees x amount of times.

Then you compare it to firing in the same shot but with the 8 cte options.

Then you overlay the ghost table over it, I don't think size or orientation matters as long as the two tables overlap where the cb and object ball start.

Then you see if cte is making more balls off the ghost table, versus the full 90 degrees.

If orientation of the ghost table doesnt matter and cte is still getting more balls to track towards a pocket, I'd say that'd be hard to ignore.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Conventionally, yup, 90 outcomes is at the core of what amateurs are taught and consequently that becomes their reality. The old nose behind the Center of the cue ball approach. Make no mistake about it, professionals do not have their noses behind CCB in relation to the GB line.
Offset sighting is a different visual animal in which a few learned perceptions can work essentially for 90 different outcomes.
I can show you this and it is indisputable for any player that can open their mind, plus having the willingness to work a little bit.

Stan Shuffett

Sir,

As I have told you before, I have been shooting with my sight line off of the cue stick line basically since I was 13 years old & started using 'parallel' english & equal & opposite overlap.

I've also used FHE, BHE, & combinations of both at the same time, but predominantly settled on what some call 'parallel' english.

I've shot with the cue across my sight line & have also move my body & vision with the cue & sighted off of the travel line.

I've shot with & still utilize TOI.

I've started at a certain alignment, when I was young, & have rotated around the CB physical center line where it sits on the table.

I can agree with you on your post here...

but what I can not agree with you on is that it is objective in how the word objective should be & is almost always used...

& quote possibly is used in EVERY situation except as it might be being used in the instance of YOUR CTE.

I wish you no ill will at all & I hope that anyone that can benefit from your method, as you explain it, gets, purchases, your method.

I just think that they should know going in that it is not 'an objective aiming system' as that phrase implies.

YOU are stuck on the word objective.

I'm really not.

I am 'stuck' on YOU & proponents being stuck on it.

The reality is what it is.

It's just a matter of who, which side, is seeing that reality.

Best Wishes for YOU & YOURS.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir,

As I have told you before, I have been shooting with my sight line off of the cue stick line basically since I was 13 years old & started using 'parallel' english & equal & opposite overlap.

I've also used FHE, BHE, & combinations of both at the same time, but predominantly settled on what some call 'parallel' english.

I've shot with the cue across my sight line & have also move my body & vision with the cue & sighted off of the travel line.

I've shot with & still utilize TOI.

I've started at a certain alignment, when I was young, & have rotated around the CB physical center line where it sits on the table.

I can agree with you on your post here...

but what I can not agree with you on is that it is objective in how the word objective should be & is almost always used...

& quote possibly is used in EVERY situation except as it might be being used in the instance of YOUR CTE.

I wish you no ill will at all & I hope that anyone that can benefit from your method, as you explain it, gets, purchases, your method.

I just think that they should know going in that it is not 'an objective aiming system' as that phrase implies.

YOU are stuck on the word objective.

I'm really not.

I am 'stuck' on YOU & proponents being stuck on it.

The reality is what it is.

It's just a matter of who, which side, is seeing that reality.

Best Wishes for YOU & YOURS.

I will NOT detail this out at this time but CTE is a straight line system........straight line, straight line, straight line.....you get the idea.......straight lines are objective.
One can easily determine straight lines EVEN from slight offsets away from CCB.

So, if I were to share this in detail with you, then you'd see.......and it's not about $$$$$$ as you have alluded to....I have demonstrated in your area that character comes first before money......I am not withholding knowledge. I have a habit sharing key concepts for free by phone and on YouTube.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Additionally, many players sight. Most every pro sights. That means they're primarily using centers and edges whether they realize it or not. But, what is lacking is the structure that CTE provides.....SIGHTING alone does not mean that one has a systematic structure. ( Sighting is way better than conventional aiming under any circumstance.) But, CTE provides the objectivity that is inherent within the context of real CTE.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I will NOT detail this out at this time but CTE is a straight line system........straight line, straight line, straight line.....you get the idea.......straight lines are objective.
One can easily determine straight lines EVEN from slight offsets away from CCB.

Yes, I've done that since I was 13 yrs. old.

So, if I were to share this in detail with you, then you'd see.......and it's not about $$$$$$ as you have alluded to.... Sir, It was You that brought up the investment of 2 years of time & 35Gs & not putting the info out piecemeal & hence the book that will undoubtedly be for sale, not me. I have demonstrated in your area that character comes first before money......I am not withholding knowledge. Sir, In a sense, you are. Much has been asked here, where you choose to frequent & you have now made it rather clear that you have not been forth coming with everything. I have a habit sharing key concepts for free by phone and on YouTube.

Stan Shuffett

Now you seem to be getting more into the realm of reality, I think.

Yes, one can see an objective straight line from a variety of subjective positions.

But one or different individuals will not see them objectively the same from those different subjective positions.

Each different subjective position will yield a different subjective perception of that SAME line.

I'll just stop there.

I hope we can stay in a civil vein without you going off as you did yesterday.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Additionally, many players sight. Most every pro sights. That means they're primarily using centers and edges whether they realize it or not. But, what is lacking is the structure that CTE provides.....SIGHTING alone does not mean that one has a systematic structure. ( Sighting is way better than conventional aiming under any circumstance.) But, CTE provides the objectivity that is inherent within the context of real CTE.

Stan Shuffett

Sir,

Some of us have been asking for an explanation as to just what provides the supposed objectivity.

We've not received any rational, logical explanation as to just what that is.

You've said that you ae not going to provide anything here in a piecemeal manner.

So what is the purpose of your posts?