Practicing This Straight Draw Shot

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do any of you posters ever practice your draw shots like this? line other balls up in a line, on both sides. then try and draw the cue ball straight back through without hitting a ball?

if you can do this you have a very good draw stroke. and if you can consistently draw it back to various points, such as Point A and Point B, you are doing good.

anybody ever practice this type of draw shot? at times i will also practice the straight in and stun shots this way too.

DCP

p.s. ok, i am missing the '9' Ball in the diagram. it is, of course, opposite of the '5' Ball.

CueTable Help

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a similar shot I practice several dozen times a day. *This* shot tells you a lot about your stroke. The object is obviously to pocket the ball, but also to draw the cueball back to the head rail.

Cue ball is one diamond from the head rail, object ball is 2 diamonds from opposite corner pocket.

Go shoot 20 of these and tell me how many you make.

CueTable Help

mechanic/player

Silver Member
I practice a similar shot except I use the side rail as my guide, I place the cueball against the rail at the center diamond and an object ball in different places along the same rail and practice drawing it back , trying to make the shot and stop the cueball where I want it.

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
why not just draw the cb back to your tip? you're also complicating the exercise by creating a table illusion you will probably never encounter.

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bruin70 said:
why not just draw the cb back to your tip? you're also complicating the exercise by creating a table illusion you will probably never encounter.
ditto......i dont "practice it" per se........but sometimes when i want to check how my alignment is i will line up a straight in, shoot and leave my cue extended (making sure my delivery is straight) then wait for the cueball to come back and hit my tip.