built in cue extension

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was watching a streamed match over the weekend and saw a player use an extension built into his cue. ( Jason Shaw???) He unscrewed the butt cap a couple of turns and withdrew a rod about six or seven inches and then locked it in place with a turn or two. The butt cap stayed on the end and was the grip.
I wonder if it was it was custom made. Has anyone seen this??? Mitch

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Was watching a streamed match over the weekend and saw a player use an extension built into his cue. ( Jason Shaw???) He unscrewed the butt cap a couple of turns and withdrew a rod about six or seven inches and then locked it in place with a turn or two. The butt cap stayed on the end and was the grip.

Not sure who it was but I know Jacoby makes cues with this feature.

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, I have a Stealth J/B with a built in extension. It's probably close to twenty years old. I bought it strictly because I thought the extension was cool.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
Here is a before picture of what you are looking for.

ext.jpg

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Mitch,

I've posted this photo before. Brandon Jacoby did the work. Took the weight bolt out. Replaced it with the extension. Butt turned out to weigh the same as with the bolt in place. He did GREAT work in reasonable time.

Lyn

Attachments

• Extension Open.jpg
    Extension Open.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 592
  • Break For Extension.jpg
    Break For Extension.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 570

crww

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same or very similar extention on one of my Webb cues..very handy

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen several Southeast cues with this feature. And I do believe those were the first ones I ever did see.

Gary

Popeye31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where can I get the extension I have a stick that the but is cracked and need to repair it . It would be a great stick to try and install one in .

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Where can I get the extension I have a stick that the but is cracked and need to repair it . It would be a great stick to try and install one in .

Contact Brandon Jacoby at jacobycustomcues.com. He will give you a quote to install an extension insert in your cue. He is a craftsman but his prices are reasonable. Installation time is reasonable as well. Good luck.

Lyn