Piku break tips

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any reports on Piku break tips? Mitch

They hold chalk and they perform well. However, as a plastics engineer, I suggest caution. There are only a few optically clear plastics out there that could work any decently on a shaft. I would think that any time you miscue with this tip, the heat generated from the miscue could be enough to deform the tip if it’s a thermoplastic. It’s not a surprise that we’ve seen many reports of deformation of this tip. Perhaps the inventor could reach out to me, and I could clarify.

Freddie <~~~ one word

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They hold chalk and they perform well. However, as a plastics engineer, I suggest caution. There are only a few optically clear plastics out there that could work any decently on a shaft. I would think that any time you miscue with this tip, the heat generated from the miscue could be enough to deform the tip if it’s a thermoplastic. It’s not a surprise that we’ve seen many reports of deformation of this tip. Perhaps the inventor could reach out to me, and I could clarify.

Freddie <~~~ one word

Freddie, any chance you've tried either the Hammerhead or Bulletproof tip yet???

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Freddie, any chance you've tried either the Hammerhead or Bulletproof tip yet???

Hammerhead is a winner and I highly recommend it. I believe the Bulletproof must be polycarbonate, I’m guessing due to the name, but haven't seen one. I think if it is a Polycarbonate tip, it might have the same issues of deformation on a miscue. The Hammerhead should have a much higher heat deflection temp, so shouldn't see such deformation.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I’ve used them. Underwhelmed. They file at the sides like Taom, and they were about the same hardness as a hard water buffalo tip. For the price tag, I won’t buy again, given the multitude of other options out there. They’re cue bling, but nothing more.