Golden West pool table opinions?

Mike the Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm finally putting in an outbuilding for a pool table, and just wondering if anyone has experience with, or opinions about, Golden West, formerly of L.A. and now located in Portland OR. I have a chance of buying one.

Thanks!

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm finally putting in an outbuilding for a pool table, and just wondering if anyone has experience with, or opinions about, Golden West, formerly of L.A. and now located in Portland OR. I have a chance of buying one.

Thanks!

I have a friend with an 8ft Golden West. It is sold as a rock and the rails okay very well. I was impressed by this table. It seems very well constructed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
they are fine for a home table for a not to be better player. i think the olhausen tables are better if picking a furniture type table. if picking a players table find on older gold crown if budget is an issue.

if you play often whatever you get you will wish you had gotten something better to start with. and paid theprice. believe me.

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
golden west table

I worked for a Golden West dealer in California in the 80's. the tables that were made back then were solid tables and played just fine. I have little to no experience working on the newer version but i would imagine if they are still in business they must be doing something right.
good luck

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
So let me get this straight, you are BUILDING an actual BUILDING and not planning on putting in a GC or Diamond?

Lets move backwards here a lil, how much are you spending to build this building??

How much are you going to pay for the Golden West? Where are you located?

Need more input.

TFT

Thanks!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
For several years I played on two different in-house pool leagues that played
on Golden West 7ft and 9ft.
I definitely played my best pool of those tables, but I still prefer a Gold Crown.
The Golden-West tables were easy to run racks on, and in league I couldn't miss.
When league was over even though I could have stayed and played for free, I would still
drive to Table Steaks and play on the Gold Crowns.