PureX Jump/Break

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Do the Purex JB cues still have the rubber grip that disintegrates in a matter of months? I run and old one and really like it but the rubber literally falls apart and made a mess in the old case and feels terrible in my hand. I got a sweet new case and have to put the break butt in a sleeve before I put it in the case to keep the mess from contaminating my new case. A week of that and I'm already over it. I was looking at getting it linen wrapped but my local cue guy is weeks out on repairs and I'm growing impatient. Might just get new cue if they have gotten the rubber to last a little better. Whatcha think?

terpdad

Registered
FWIW, I've had mine since last Christmas & it still looks new. If you have concerns about the sport grip, I'd choose a wrapless model over one w/ a linen wrap,

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
There's not a wrapless version on the jump/break that I see. Or were you referring to the repair of mine? I like linen wraps so that was why I was looking at fixing it that way. Not wanting to wait weeks on top of weeks though.

Last edited:

terpdad

Registered
There isn't a wrapless Pure X, but at the end you said you might just get a new cue, so I was suggesitng you go w/ a wrapless model from another manufacturer. If you like linen, that is probably a lot cheaper than buying a new one.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
There isn't a wrapless Pure X, but at the end you said you might just get a new cue, so I was suggesitng you go w/ a wrapless model from another manufacturer. If you like linen, that is probably a lot cheaper than buying a new one.
I gotcha now. Yea I'm sure I can find something comparable in the $255 range, I was thinking just get another of these cause I like them. Even the grip, just not the fall apart in my hands part of the rubber haha. Thanks for the feedback though

app4dstn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had mine for about 4 years and the rubber is fine. FWIW mine only fits in my case butt side up so maybe less fabric to rubber contact over that duration.