Fischer table

jeff68981

Registered
are fischer tables any good? Sorry to keep posting and asking. I am new to pool tables so don't want to get ripped off.

They are asking $500

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200816-091923_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200816-091923_Facebook.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 207

jeff68981

Registered
Here is another one I am looking at $600

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200816-100327_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200816-100327_Facebook.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot_20200816-100319_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200816-100319_Facebook.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot_20200816-100315_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200816-100315_Facebook.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 227

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Save up and buy a good table. These are just mid/low end home game-room tables. If you're wanting to really improve i'd aim for something better personally. If its just gonna be a family fun deal they'd be ok. Problem is they might need work and any deal you thought you had could be a money pit.

jeff68981

Registered
Save up and buy a good table. These are just mid/low end home game-room tables. If you're wanting to really improve i'd aim for something better personally. If its just gonna be a family fun deal they'd be ok. Problem is they might need work and any deal you thought you had could be a money pit.

Can you tell me what I should be looking for?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you tell me what I should be looking for?
Used Gold Crown or maybe a used AMF Grand Prix. Don't see too many GP's but they are great tables and are usually priced right when they pop up. A used Gold Crown with new cloth(and likely new cushions) delivered and set-up can run from $1,000-1,200 on the low end up to say $3-3,500+ upper end. https://www.ebay.com/c/1308015011 Good deal on this one. You'd have to go get it. Also, Olhausen makes some pretty good home style tables that are generally much better than the Asian imports often seen for sale.

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I totally agree with Garczar, those typical furniture grade tables are not serious playing tables, but... if you just want something for the family to bang around during Christmas vacation then they will certain fill that need.

What to look for? Well if it were me I would definitely pay a visit and check out the underneath to verify that it's a slate table and that it doesn't have any obvious issues, like cracks. While under there look to make sure that none of the hardware is missing. The rail cushions are secure. I would roll a ball around and into each cushion to check for dead rubber, loose rails. Are the drop pockets secure, those leather drop pockets are notorious for splitting the rail end due to kids wanting to do pull ups on them. You can count on having to replace the cloth, but everything else should be operational at least. If you need to replace pockets and/or rail rubber, or if the pocket angles are mushroomed then obviously take big dollars off the offer, or just pass totally on it. Personally if the pocket angles are mushroomed then I would steer clear of the deal all together.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used Gold Crown or maybe a used AMF Grand Prix. Don't see too many GP's but they are great tables and are usually priced right when they pop up. A used Gold Crown with new cloth(and likely new cushions) delivered and set-up can run from $1,000-1,200 on the low end up to say $3-3,500+ upper end. https://www.ebay.com/c/1308015011 Good deal on this one. You'd have to go get it. Also, Olhausen makes some pretty good home style tables that are generally much better than the Asian imports often seen for sale.

Yes, this would be best if you can spend the extra dollars...and if you ever want to sell, a good commercial will more than likely sell for around what you paid for it.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
are fischer tables any good? Sorry to keep posting and asking. I am new to pool tables so don't want to get ripped off.

They are asking $500

stay AWAY FROM THE HOME TABLES...
pockets are so BIG-
you can drop a bowling ball in :eek: