Why no Guidance on Covid-19 from Cloth, Table Manufacturers or the BCA?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
100% correct.

Frankly it's a rather simple thing to deal with the non-porous surfaces. A hassle maybe, but simple. It's the cloth that's a challenge, especially if players aren't wearing masks.

The picture I see is the virus jumping up off the table and being breathed in by the players. I played at a friends house who hasn't been out much.
After 6 weeks I did it knowingly but no one else had been on that table and I kept my distance from him.

I took more chances than I should have and I know it. I know that it's going to be unreasonable to expect that pool rooms will disinfect the cloth and the balls
between customers and my concerns will be downplayed and I'm prepared to not play but damn you know?

The virus is hell isn't it?

Does anyone really think that people are not going to play? They'll jump right in and everything will go for awhile just fine but someone is going to be a carrier
and breath all over the place and boom the next player gets it.

While disinfecting pourous surfaces or the balls might not be hard for you or me we don't own the tables and have no right to ask owners to do this and its not
reasonable for anyone to think they'll be allowed to prepare their own table the way it should be. It's very messed up, in fact I've already had someone that lurks
my posts here stop talking to me that I thought was a friend. I guess I'll get the blame for something but you know fkc it. I'm doing me on this one. I know how to
stop playing public pool until the mess is over.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Most of Wisconsin opened up last week, except for Milwaukee and Madison. We will see how the numbers go as people start going about their daily lives again. Sooner or later we are just going to have to accept that there is a Covid-19 virus out there and resume our daily lives no matter how much the thought of coming down with it bothers us. I dont know how much good people do by wearing gloves and masks, at times people will be touching areas of their personal protective gear that may have the virus on them. I have also seen people pull down their masks to cough or sneeze, unless people are trained how to install and use their protective gear it does little. My wife made IV medications in a pharmacy, they have very strict protocols on the proper way to put on latex gloves to prevent germ transfer, most people probably know little to nothing of this technique.