Looking for Cue template to Design cue

ericb21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a blank template to design a cue? Any ideas besides paper and color pencils? I am not looking to make one just design it. I would had it custom made after I designed it.

Last edited:

tjshaw02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
::BUMP:: I'm interested also, even a computer program or print out that I can use?

CrossBone Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually rough draw it after talking to the customer, then I draw it up on the CNC and add shading and color, take a photo and send it to the customer. Not aware of any other way, maybe use the drawing program that comes on most computers, that may give you some sort of idea.
Steve

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you wanted to "for real" design it, I suppose you could use SolidWorks. But that's a full-blown 3D Cad program meant to design nearly anything, and quite expensive if you purchase it through normal channels. Might be a bit overkill. Good news is that if the cue is done in SW, it converts directly to a CNC.

If you just want the design for looks, I'm sure there are more frontend-friendly programs that are visual in nature, but I don't know what they are. Photoshop maybe.

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
I have created alot of cue designs for my own personal design satisfaction and created those designs using Photoshop. I created blank design templates for the forearm, handle section, and butt sleeve. I just load up the design template I want and then begin using the basic drawing tools to layout the shapes I want to set into the template. In the course of time I have created libraries of some of the most common inlay forms and point forms which makes it easier for me to pick and choose the elements I want to put into a design.