Miss the DCC Banks on Accu-stats

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just got to see the rerun of the bank finals. Unfortunately I couldn't watch Tuesday, but at least I had an excuse, I had to play pool.

Seeing the finals was good, but I sure miss seeing more of the banks, now that they are focused on the 10 ball. The 10 ball was great, a lot of good pool, but you can see rotation pool year round. Banks are here once a year, but I guess if I want too see them I better plan on going in person.

Accu-stats, forget the Bigfoot Challenge, bring back the banks! Banks are exciting, runout 10 ball, not so much

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got to see the rerun of the bank finals. Unfortunately I couldn't watch Tuesday, but at least I had an excuse, I had to play pool.

Seeing the finals was good, but I sure miss seeing more of the banks, now that they are focused on the 10 ball. The 10 ball was great, a lot of good pool, but you can see rotation pool year round. Banks are here once a year, but I guess if I want too see them I better plan on going in person.

Accu-stats, forget the Bigfoot Challenge, bring back the banks! Banks are exciting, runout 10 ball, not so much

There really wasn't "run out" 10 Ball during the Bigfoot. That is what is great about a 10 foot table and 10 ball versus 9. Couldn't agree more on wanting to see more of the Banks. But to me the issue isn't with the 10 Ball. It is that it is too bad the Banks can't be streamed rather than the 9 Ball drivel.

Of course for Accu-Stats they probably sell more rotation games abroad than streaming so they choose to record 10 Ball over Banks. Not to mention there are probably a number of logistics issues for Diamond.

I won't be buying any of the 9 Ball stream. I just watched Turning Stone. I've seen enough 9 ball to last years. Just uninteresting.

ChicagoJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree about the banks if the right match is being streamed. High level banks is awesome to watch, but two guys that aren't very good can get quite boring.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There really wasn't "run out" 10 Ball during the Bigfoot. That is what is great about a 10 foot table and 10 ball versus 9. Couldn't agree more on wanting to see more of the Banks. But to me the issue isn't with the 10 Ball. It is that it is too bad the Banks can't be streamed rather than the 9 Ball drivel.

Of course for Accu-Stats they probably sell more rotation games abroad than streaming so they choose to record 10 Ball over Banks. Not to mention there are probably a number of logistics issues for Diamond.

I won't be buying any of the 9 Ball stream. I just watched Turning Stone. I've seen enough 9 ball to last years. Just uninteresting.

Yeah you're right, "run out" 10 ball might not be the right description on the 10', or maybe I was thinking of Shaw's matches. :)

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Totally agree with the OP. We see connect the dots short rack rotation based games all year. We need to see the other games for a change, with banks highest on the list, as we are offered that the least throughout the year. Banks are fun to actually watch too, might actually expand the sport to highlight other disciplines.

Too bad the DCC is only once per year. I know that they tried the Tunica events. Damn shame they didn't work out in the long run.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm probably going to get get blasted out of here but I loathe the 10 ball becoming the Main arena attraction that it has become the past few years.

I love watching 10 ball played on the 10fter but it's not near as fun and entertaining to watch as Bank Pool. Frankly, I'm surprised it has become what it has. At one time they wanted to open the Fatboy field (what it used to be called before played on 10 ft table) to 32 players but thankfully it didn't get enough traction with the big entry fee.

Derby City has always been about the gambling plain and simple. And there was always something to sweat between TOP players. Presently, DCC has become a little too busy for the top players to find time to match up unless they are upset and knocked out of a discipline early.

That's just my take anyways. The Big Foot Challenge needs to at least return to the side attraction it once was and not take the place of the premier bank pool matches.

Like it, dispute it, hate it or whatever...I've been to 12-13 Derby City Classics and that's just my take.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too bad the DCC is only once per year. I know that they tried the Tunica events. Damn shame they didn't work out in the long run.

I wish someone get and publish an updated interview with Greg Sullivan on any news he might have for expanding the Derby concept. I thought in that last interview I saw where he was talking about the demise of Tunica that he said there was still a strong chance of expanding to Atlantic City or something.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish someone get and publish an updated interview with Greg Sullivan on any news he might have for expanding the Derby concept. I thought in that last interview I saw where he was talking about the demise of Tunica that he said there was still a strong chance of expanding to Atlantic City or something.

I had a conversation at Michael's Billiards several years back with Greg himself about his plans to host several big tourneys just like Derby City. Obviously, Tunica was his means to an end at Atlantic City. He even spoke of doing such a tourney somewhere in the western US. I don't recall him ever naming a particular city for that though.

Obviously, Tunica didn't make the numbers he needed to eventually get to Atlantic City. Another thing that happened was the financial situation of the Horseshoe properties that probably put a stop or slow down to trying to make a go of it again.

Like you, I'd really like to know what he has in the works. Looks like DCC posted some pretty strong numbers this year in the events. In one of the Accustat PPV's, Billy Incardona said the entrants for bank pool was the 2nd largest ever at around 475 players. I seemed to think there were over 500 one time at Ex. West but my memory is foggy about that. :)