The Miz...Never Mizzed...

eyesjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear great stories from the old guys aroun saying Steve came to town here in Jackson posing as a sorghum salesman. He busted Meathead here, tortured ecil Maxwell(STRONG bank player) And proceeded to never miss in his nine ball match up. He would roll out for a long, thin, Stupidly tough shot, and when passed back, he would Fire, fan, or finesse it in EVERY TIME. He Broke the entire pool room, and all surrounding.....His Kind offer to all those he busted - A jar of molasses. Cecil once said he could have sold that jar at 20 dollars a teaspoon and STILL come out loser. RIP Steve, and the pool world is fortunate to have had a man, a player, and a heart all 3 as big as you.

My only time to see Steve was in Vegas at the world 9Ball Champs..
He was as strong an entertainer as he was a player. As gifted a player as he was a chivalrous gentleman. And ultimately, NOBODY, and Imean NOBODY I have ever met has had one bad thing to say about him. If only I could grant my name the same gratuity I would be proud.

Steve, if I ever hit the lottery, I promise to take your name off those cheap walmart cues for you.