DCC Behind the Scenes Photos

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, so here are some shots I took at the DCC. My intention was to take some wide angle shots so that those who had never been could get an idea of what the setup down there looks like. I only had a little digital and had to shoot available light only for obvious reasons, so you might have to look close to see any detail.

Well, never mind. The photos are a tad to big, MB-wise, to attach and my techno-saviness came to a screeching halt at just getting them into the computer in the first place. Sorry 'bout that.

Lou Figueroa

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
lfigueroa said:
OK, so here are some shots I took at the DCC. My intention was to take some wide angle shots so that those who had never been could get an idea of what the setup down there looks like. I only had a little digital and had to shoot available light only for obvious reasons, so you might have to look close to see any detail.

Well, never mind. The photos are a tad to big, MB-wise, to attach and my techno-saviness came to a screeching halt at just getting them into the computer in the first place. Sorry 'bout that.

Lou Figueroa
You can create an online photo album for free at www.myphotoalbum.com. Or you could email girlwon1 and see if she'll make a DCC folder in the AZ photo album?

T

Timberly

Lou, open the pic and then click on "file" in the top left corner.
click "save as"

Choose a folder other than where your pics are downloaded. I usually choose my desktop. (The reason for this is to have 2 copies of your pic)

Once you have two copies saved in different places

Right click on the 2nd copy and click on "open with" and then click "paint"

When the photo opens, click on "image" on the menu bar

go to stretch/skew

On the top half of the box (stretch) change both the horizontal and vertical to 50%

save the changes and then they should be small enough to post.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, Sweet Marissa, thanks for the idea.

BTW, your handle reminds me of a trip to Chicago when my wife and I went through a local magazine and saw that a place not too far from our hotel was listed as the best Thai restaurant in Chicago. We went and were amused to find that that was the actual name of the restaurant: "The Best Thai Restaurant in Chicago."

I guess if that's the name, it must be so :)

Lou Figueroa

Sweet Marissa said:
You can create an online photo album for free at www.myphotoalbum.com. Or you could email girlwon1 and see if she'll make a DCC folder in the AZ photo album?

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
er, OK. Thanks, Timberly. I'll try it tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

Are you sure I won't reprogram the space shuttle or bring down a GPS satellite with all this?

Lou Figueroa

Timberly said:
Lou, open the pic and then click on "file" in the top left corner.
click "save as"

Choose a folder other than where your pics are downloaded. I usually choose my desktop. (The reason for this is to have 2 copies of your pic)

Once you have two copies saved in different places

Right click on the 2nd copy and click on "open with" and then click "paint"

When the photo opens, click on "image" on the menu bar

go to stretch/skew

On the top half of the box (stretch) change both the horizontal and vertical to 50%

save the changes and then they should be small enough to post.

T

Timberly

lfigueroa said:
er, OK. Thanks, Timberly. I'll try it tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

Are you sure I won't reprogram the space shuttle or bring down a GPS satellite with all this?

Lou Figueroa
LOL, I promise it'll be safe. It looks like a lot but it only takes a few seconds. So long as you make a copy of the pic so that you have two, you'll be fine. Once you change the size, you've changed the pic forever and they tend to lose their quality by re-sizing them. If you keep one set aside, you'll never have to worry about that if you ever decide to print copies.

I wish you had done this last yr. :) I've been hearing a lot about Derby and it's been kind of like reading a book...eventually, you get a certain image in your mind of what you think it looks like. LOL, it wasn't anything that I thought it was. It was every bit as much fun as I thought it would be but it didn't LOOK like I thought it would. :cool:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, let's give this a go:

#1 is of the Accu-Stats setup. Jamie "Red Rifle" Farrel is playing.

#2 is is of the main tournament room. The Accu-Stats area is just to the right. That's Buddy Hall playing.

#3 is of the main tournament room, taken from the other side of the room. That's Marshall "Squirrel" Capenter playing in the 1pocket.

#4 is of the far right section of the lounge, or action room.

I'll add another four photos in a second post.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• DCC 2006 001.jpg
    DCC 2006 001.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 304
  • DCC 2006 002.jpg
    DCC 2006 002.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 280
  • DCC 2006 003.jpg
    DCC 2006 003.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 267
  • DCC 2006 004.jpg
    DCC 2006 004.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 273

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
#5 is the central area of the action room.

#6 is of the left section of the action room, where you come in.

#7 is a shot of the straight pool room. JR is shooting.

#8 is a late night shot of the action room. Marco Maquez and Richie Richardson are playing. Buddy and others are on the rail.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• DCC 2006 005.jpg
    DCC 2006 005.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 233
  • DCC 2006 006.jpg
    DCC 2006 006.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 216
  • DCC 2006 007.jpg
    DCC 2006 007.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 217
  • DCC 2006 008.jpg