Compete for meat

Shotcy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 2 or 3 times a year 1 of the main 2 pool halls will host an event called compete for meat. This year it was a $3 entry fee. So its a 4 bracket tournament (2 matches) scotch doubles. Takes 8 people to get the tournament going. Your teammate is drawn from a hat and anyone can enter the tournament. If you win you get a steak dinner cooked for you on the BBQ at the bar. Baked potato, salad, dinner roll all that at good stuff.

Any one else's pool halls do stuff like this? Maybe its something APA started a long time ago and abandoned? I think I may have herd that. Anyways it was a lot of fun and they had 40 steaks to give out. If you get put out its never more then 30 min before another one starts up again. Always two going at a time. Its not a huge bar. I won on the second try and the steak was actually really good. Everyone is having a good time and best part is you can enter and win as many steak dinners as you want lol. You get a ticket so you can sell it off or take the steak home.

WVShootist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 2 or 3 times a year 1 of the main 2 pool halls will host an event called compete for meat. This year it was a $3 entry fee. So its a 4 bracket tournament (2 matches) scotch doubles. Takes 8 people to get the tournament going. Your teammate is drawn from a hat and anyone can enter the tournament. If you win you get a steak dinner cooked for you on the BBQ at the bar. Baked potato, salad, dinner roll all that at good stuff.

Any one else's pool halls do stuff like this? Maybe its something APA started a long time ago and abandoned? I think I may have herd that. Anyways it was a lot of fun and they had 40 steaks to give out. If you get put out its never more then 30 min before another one starts up again. Always two going at a time. Its not a huge bar. I won on the second try and the steak was actually really good. Everyone is having a good time and best part is you can enter and win as many steak dinners as you want lol. You get a ticket so you can sell it off or take the steak home.

Sounds pretty cool. Do you get to choose when you eat it? Or is it all done immediately following the tournament?

Shotcy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds pretty cool. Do you get to choose when you eat it? Or is it all done immediately following the tournament?

When you win you get a ticket. you can bring your ticket to the bartender whenever and they write down how you want your steak done. I didn't have to wait more then 15-20 min to get mine. Took two more home with me :).

jwhip

Registered
Had meat shootout at a local bar. a couple bucks and played for butchered meat to take home. Took place once a month.